My '72 devon....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WE MADE IT...!!!! :D 8)

We managed to get her all back together for going to Bugin 5 last week..!! :D

Did @750 miles with no problems (apart from the oil filler cap coming off due to the Belgium roads..!!??) We cruised over there wednesday before and stayed at a couple of camp sites along the way. There were 13 vehicles from our club "Lowlife" 2 bays, 2 beetles, trekker, 3 T25's, T4, T5, new golf cabroilet.

It was a fantastic show (Best i've been to for aircooled) and i loved the trip there and back. Here's a few pic's of the trip.....

Queuing for the show... 8)

some awsome aircooled drag cars

Would love this as a project.....

Wind split before it went over in the burnout park..!! :shock:

Anyone for off roading..!! :D

The FUZZ..!! 8)

Some cool panels......

Bay and PUK..!! :D

Aircooled as far as the eye can see...!!!

Heading home....

Line up of the crew at Dunkirk before heading off for the ferry....

We only had 2 breakdowns and they were watercooled and a couple of oil leaks for the aircooled..!! :D
Great road trip and can't wait to do it again...!!! 8)

Glad you had no issues and looks like you (and the crew) had a good time 8)

gninnam said:
Glad you had no issues and looks like you (and the crew) had a good time 8)

Cheers gninnam, it was a great..!! And of course there was plenty of the Local brew consumed..!! :party0041:

Sunday just gone went to the Buttie Run at the Long Itchington Diner (1st sunday of the month they have a car meet) and it was packed full of lush cars, hot rods, bikes Etc..!!! 8) 8)

Annie in the sunshine..!! 8)

Fellow EB (didn't actually get to meet the owner) but sweet bus...!! :D

Finally got some photo's of the side cards and deluxe bulkhead trims in place....

Very pleased with how these turned out (even if i do say so myself)..!!! :D 8)

This is where the CB is mounted....

Foglight pull detailed..

Uber cool pedal lock.....

Here's some pic's of EB's at Whitenoise 2013

This was cool and just a snip at 20K...!!! :lol: 8)

My Annie on the Floors4Less stand showing off Bespoke mats.... :D

More EB's.... :D

Cool Split of Cartoon and his Dog....!! 8)

Cool drinks van..!!

8) 8) 8) :mrgreen:

Some mad bikes..!!

LEGO interior in a T4 (vinyle supplied by Floors4Less) :lol:

Graffiti

Before going to Whitenoise earlier this month i had a little adventure...!!! :lol: :D 8)

Copied from my "Any EBr's from Romania?? " thread......

Well Romanian road trip over..!!! Couldn't find a car in romania, hungary, germany that was road worthy, in our price range at for sale at the time we were there..!!?? :( But it was a blast...!!! :D

We travelled by 2 planes, 3 airports, 3 trains, 5 Taxis, 2 buses and 1 hire car..!! 8)

Visited 5 cities and past through 4 countries..!!

Landed at Cluc Napoca in Romania. Beautiful buildings there..!!

Then on to Oredea by train to see a Mk1 golf but it had engine problems so didn't buy it. So hired a car to do the Transylvanian highway

Roads were very interesting..!!?? This is a main road but only half a bridge (left side not there) with no traffic control...!! :shock: Roads were very patchy with different layers of tarmac all over so it was a laugh all the way..!! :)

Animals free to roam on the roads to..!!

Some intertesting vehicles..

Artics and carts..

Lovely scenery though...

Roads turned to gravel quite often..!!?? :lol:

Our beast of a hire car (at least it's a VAG..!!??) lol :lol:

Bee stations alongside the mountain roads selling honey..

Mr and Mrs off to the shops...

Ox drawn cart..

7 hrs driving later, shaken but not disturbed we reach the base of the Highway and a hotel...

Then 8am start we headed up the Transylvania Highway 7C from the south heading north...

Climbing up through the valley was beautiful...

Then we went through a bigger tunnel.....

And came out to this (tunnel is on far side of pic that we came through) a massive Dam....

Over the dam we went.... :D

Driving through the tree lined edge of the dam lake...more wild roaming horses

Km markers were a regular sight and handy to see distances

Climbing higher out of the trees...

We did try to find an old dacia like this 8) but no luck...

Video 1

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/Gwar72/media/MVI_1216_zpsb588868b.mp4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still climbing

Then near the top we saw this T25..!! :roll:

Then over and down the other side..!! Which was more steeper and twistier so i think doing the road from south to north is better and you then get the impact of the view once at the top..!!! 8) 8)

Video 2

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/Gwar72/media/MVI_1252_zps718bbd66.mp4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Video 3

http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/Gwar72/media/MVI_1260_zps266ed75d.mp4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It just looked like a Scalextric set below....!!! :) 8)

Looking back up at 1 km of GREAT road..!!!

Still descending....!!!

Then onto the flat road and dodging the road work holes as we went...!!?? Got back to hotel at 9pm, 12hrs experience i won't forget..!!! :D :D

Then next day we caught the train to Budapest stayed the night and then headed for Munich by train going through Austria...

Munich was gorgeous....!!!! :shock: :D

We did see 2 working Baywindows on the 1st taxis ride from the airport in Cluc Napoca but as they all drive like the devil incarnent in Romania i missed catching them on camera (1 was a camper and the other a working (builders) single cab) but from then on only saw T4's and T25's but on the last day in Munich i saw this...!!! :D

So after a week of fun but no sign of a car purchase coming soon we decided to fly back from Munich airport that night ( we had done the train thing and we really wanted to do the rest of the journey by car)..!! We saw some fantasic countryside in Romania and met some great people and have now a contact in Romania that possibly can help with all the paperwork to get a car out next time..!! :D

Here's to Romania road trip part 2 2014....!!!! :lol: :lol:

Great story and pics 8)
Some of those roads sound really scarey... :shock:

Cheers All..!! Would Def go back too Romania again, Beautiful countryside up north and in the mountains..!! 8) And now we know what the roads are like they'll be less scarey..!! :lol: :D

Went to Blenheim Palace classic car show on Bankholiday monday. What a great collection of classics all in one place...!!! 8)

He's a few Pic's......

This was AWSOME....!!! I loved this Hudson...!!!! 8) 8) 8)

A bit of Chrome Bling...

Loved this to....!!! :D

Nice..... 8)

:shock: 8)

He's some pic's from last wkends VW Action at santa Pod Raceway...

This was an ODD Ball imported from South Africa and for sale.... 8)

This won best engineering on Sunday....!!! :shock: :D 8)

Loved the paint job on this.... :D

This was cool a westy caravan....

Weather held out over the wkend, thou it was a bit nippy Saturday night..!! Good Show in all..!! :D

Cheers All, happy to ablige..!! 8)

Well was on watering duty this weekend but not alot to do this time of year so came to work both days in Annie and did some odd jobs..!! :D

1 - Rear linkage to the heater cable had come off.!! Hadn't needed it for the summer but thought i'd better get it sorted. What a pain in the back side in trying to get both hands above the heat exchanger to put the new link in..!! :x But dont get me started on trying to get the spring clip on...!!! :evil: which i soon lost when it came off and into the gravel it pinged..!!? :lol: So drilled a small hole in the pin and put green garden wire through it to stop bracket coming off. Left hand H/exchanger has got no cable as not it stock anywhere so i cable tied that open. So have half heat all the time and up to full heat adjustable..!! :D :lol:

2 - Lost a screw in the indicator stalk so it wouldn't stay locked when indicating right (but rembered earlier in year a found a screw on the cab floor..!!??) so dug around in the man draw i.e. glove box and found it..!! :)

3 - Drivers cab light bung got stuck in so had no inner light come on so took out and fixed..!!

4 - Spot light filling with water, 1/3 full..!! Drained and bunged up a little hole to stop it filling up again. :)

5 - Took passangers door card off as i was getting water ingress from behind card. Already had put in the plastic membrane behind but this time i put 2 extra plastic flaps leading back into door to cavity.!! :D

Also gave her a good wash to..!!! In ALL a good weekends work at WORK...!!! :lol: 8) :D

Nice work 8)
Most people do not put the flaps in to steer the water into the door so well done ;)

Latest posts