My Bay!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamski

Reaction score
Well as I've just started using this forum, I thought I should put a picture here!

I've had this van since 2001, and currently doing some mechanical enhancements. New narrowed beam will be done at T2D in October, then the tierd engine and gearbox in april may next year, after the winter as that is the sort of thing I can sort of do myself (with the help of others and someone to normally get it started in the end!!)

I'll post some more pics soon.

P1000011.jpg

Nice looking van dude - love the Centrelines - make it look HARD :twisted:

Thanks, my current cause of insomnia is the engine!

don't want to be a Buses with Attitude bay, but want to be able to cruise happliy at 65/70 on the motorway, so going for a 1776 and higher ratio gearbox in early 08

Some more pictures for all you picture lovers!!
The welding and paint was all done by the previous owner neil, who has become a good mate since I brought the van from him in 2001. He obviously did a great job as it is still in great condition (the first post photo was only a couple of weeks ago. I also try to look after it of course!)
scan0030.jpg

this is the welding of the lights to allow the splitty towel rails to be fitted (they are not the fibreglass bumpers which you can get)
scan0029.jpg

scan0028.jpg

scan0027.jpg

scan0026.jpg

scan0019.jpg

scan0018.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00673.jpg

I now have twin weber 40's. never like the kadrons, and it may look nice, but is running like a dog. I took it out last winter and fixed a few things, but a 1914cc is in store to make it better for cruising, plus the gearbox is on the way out :(
DSC00594.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

That is one sweet bay fella 8)

I'll join in with the rest - nice bumpers and towel rails :D

Hi,

they are from a split. they will fit on the back, but on the front you will need to move the lights up by about 10mm. its a bit of a hassle!!

I think you can get fibreglass ones if you look in volksworld.

Narrowed beam will be on in about a week or so!!

The interior unit was made by calypso campers.

Now includes PS2 and two LCD screens. hopefully engine will be sorted for next summer too!

Latest posts