My Lilac Danbury

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Johnnyâ„¢ said:
the ride hide looks perfect what have you dropped it by?

About "that" much!! Dunno, really, just lowered it as much as I could on the adjusters until I was happy with it!

Things are moving on a pace now, me and the missus have started work on the interior now. Plan is to make a homebrew interior based around a 3/4 width R&R bed. All the usual bits and pieces, 3 way fridge, hob and grill, cupboards, sink etc. It will also have a PS 2, freeview box and a 15" TFT screen that will rise up out of a unit just behind the walkthrough and then down again when not wanted.

back.JPG

Didn't like any of the curtains we saw for sale anywhere, so I have been making my own. 3 done so far, only 4 more to go!

curtains.JPG

Got me work cut out for me now, I want to get all this done by the summer! Perhaps I can go sick from work for 3 months. I might be able to get it done then!! ;)

Had to post this. The bus on the beach in Polzeath. Just to show that all the hard work was worthwhile.

DSCF4688smaller.jpg

Drove down to my parents house in Cornwall, spent loads of time back on the beach and drove home again. Didn't really put a foot wrong, well, apart from a moment at Sedgemoor services yesterday when she wouldn't start . Dodgy connector to the starter. Soon sorted though.

The interior has been coming along slowly. Work seems to get in the way of van for some reason!

Anyway, floor tiles are down now and I have been working on the entertainments. There is a 15" TFT screen that rises up out of a box unit behind the walkthrough and below, a PS2, TV unit and freeview box. The screen mech is powered by a modified landrover window mech bolted to the bulkhead behind the drivers seat.

screen.jpg

In front of this, in the walkthrough I have built a unit that holds a 10 disc CD changer and equaliser and 2 amps for the main speakers and subs.

cd.jpg

Inside this unit is also all the fuses for all the leisure circuits.

power.jpg

Likeing your 'infotainment' centre - some nice work going on dude!!

Also, good job on the resto - the colour is awsome 8)

The leccy windows and central locking, where did you get the stuff from to achieve that as I like the idea :?:

ahhh - that's what I need to find, a mech to raise/lower a screen from within my buddy seat, been trying to find something off the shelf but thinking I might need to fabricate something - looking good!

gninnam said:
Likeing your 'infotainment' centre - some nice work going on dude!!

Also, good job on the resto - the colour is awsome 8)

Cheers! :D

gninnam said:
The leccy windows and central locking, where did you get the stuff from to achieve that as I like the idea :?:

The leccy windows are from a focus. All I needed to do was shorten the runner and add a couple of spacers to the cable to keep the tension correct.

The central locking is just a generic kit from maplins. Relatively easy to fit on the front doors, the side door though was a bit more fun. Had to build a 2:1 ish lever mech that is bolted to a plate mounted on the door behind the door card. Then the door lock has to be modified to disable the key from the outside, an extra lever added to the thumb lock inside the lock for the actuating rod. Then I fitted a door contact unit but that had to be modded to work too!! I'll see if I have some detailed photos if you are interested.

lard said:
ahhh - that's what I need to find, a mech to raise/lower a screen from within my buddy seat, been trying to find something off the shelf but thinking I might need to fabricate something - looking good!

Used a landrover window motor and arm acting on a bracket bolted to the screen so it goes up and down on heavy duty filing cabinet draw runners bolted to two brackets bolted between the front seat bulkheads.

madman said:
I'll see if I have some detailed photos if you are interested.

Would be very interested as I think these kind of mods are very useful (can also be used to make the car more secure - linked to an alarm too and disabling system).

Many thanks for the info :D

Had a look through all my resto photos and all I could find was a couple of poor photos from my phone.

29-04-07_1655.jpg

This one shows the mounting of the motor and you can just about make out one of the spacers on the cable. All it was, was a short length of aluminium tube, split down the length, and closed up again over the cable.

29-04-07_1656.jpg

In this one, you can make out the central locking motor near the top and the window track fixed in to the door and a mount added to the bottom of the door for the track.

Sorry thats all I can find. Hope it helps!

Thanks for the pics - food for thought then and like the use of the Ford Focus units - should be able to source those from a breakers at a good price.

Cheers again for your prompt answer 8)

Latest posts