My Lowlight Resto DU88US

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how the tyre shop have lined up the dots on the tyre with the valve stem.
Just walked past a brand new Tesla where the dots were way off even opposite the valve stem. Such a simple thing to do, it balances the wheel much better and looks much tidier.

Your bus has really come together beautifully! Awesome work. Time to enjoy it in your spring and summer time coming on now.

I like how the tyre shop have lined up the dots on the tyre with the valve stem.
Just walked past a brand new Tesla where the dots were way off even opposite the valve stem. Such a simple thing to do, it balances the wheel much better and looks much tidier.

Your bus has really come together beautifully! Awesome work. Time to enjoy it in your spring and summer time coming on now.
Yeah the local tyre shop is pretty good like that, going away in the bus for a week next month so hopefully it all goes well.

I asked my local tyre fitter this very question.
His answer, that may be the tyres heaviest point, but your wheel isn't perfectly balanced so the tyre has to be rotated around the rim.

As a teenager after school I did work experience in a motor pool garage for the Army servicing and repairing mainly T3s . Working with some old school mechanics, one of them worked as a VW engine builder during the time our engines were assembled. They all said the dot is there specifically to line up with the valve. Just a quick google looks to confirm this at least for the yellow dot.
Red dot is high point and takes precedence over yellow dot and should be aligned with the wheel low point if there’s a mark on the wheel. In theory if lined up the balancing should be better with less weights applied overall. But I’m obviously not a tyre/wheel expert 😄

Last edited:
So took the bus out for a good 250km test drive today and it went really well. Didn’t loose too much speed going up some really big hills apart from one where a driver in front of me slowed to a ridiculous speed then sped off again and I was stuck between gears, going to fast to change down, too slow to accelerate apart from that it went well. But it will definitely need an upgrade to the gearbox.
IMG_4123.jpegIMG_4121.jpegIMG_4125.jpeg

So took the bus out for a good 250km test drive today and it went really well. Didn’t loose too much speed going up some really big hills apart from one where a driver in front of me slowed to a ridiculous speed then sped off again and I was stuck between gears, going to fast to change down, too slow to accelerate apart from that it went well. But it will definitely need an upgrade to the gearbox.
View attachment 9507View attachment 9508View attachment 9509
Beautifully clean bus!
Glad the trip went well!

Latest posts