My Montana Red sunroof deluxe new stance

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good there Pete , Really glad the templates worked for you 8) Thanks for the kind words on templates , Hope to see this at a show this year 8)

Ok got a couple more bit done,

Interior is in

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

Im looking for a few bits to finish the interior off, such as new doors for the wardrobe, and the overhead locker,

next step is upholstery, the cab seats and front door cards need doing, and i cant decide whether to re upholster the bed or just try to find a replacement cover for the bed, i would like to keep te mustard yellow i think but we will see so if you have any westy bits knocking about please check out my wanted thread

thanks for the comments so far

Pete

Well i have started on the upholstery, started with the cab seats, couldn't decide on what colours to go with but in the end decided to go with something a close to the stock colours of light grey that i could find, so i ordered a set of cab seat covers from spirit of the 50s. decided to have a go at fitting them myself to try to save some cash

started with these

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

stripped down to these

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

well the covers were easier than i thought they would be, just need a little fettle to tighten them up once he covers have settled a bit but overall im quite pleased with them

IMG_1461.jpg

i ordered a pair of matching front door cards at the same time, hope to get them the end of next week

Thanks 71dormy,

very minor update, due to never ending boredom i decide to clean the sunvisors from my bus, only got one before shot and it was of the cleaner one, however they did come up quite nicely

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

Pete

Hi,

another small update, spent most of the day taking out all the stereo equipment put on by the previous owner,

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

I will probably re-use most of it, but i want it all hidden out of the way and discreet so will re-position most of it and try to strip back some of the wiring

Pete

Great van mate :D

If you don`t mind me asking, would you be able to give a bit more info on how you made and fitted the headliner from plywood as this is something i`d like to do with mine?

Also - i`m guessing the numberplates were fitted when you bought it - i`m after this style aswell, but i wasn`t sure if they are officially legal (!) ? If you did get them, where did you buy them?

cheers, mike

Nice Dude, new headliner and panels is the next job for me. You're making me feel very lazy :lol: The sun visor came up really well, did you use any special cleaning solution or just good old fashioned soap :mrgreen:

Your bus looks better all the time ;)

Thanks for the responses,

Mike, the plates were on the bus when i got it, they are not legal due to being the wrong size and font, i will PM you details when i get chance re the headliner im sneeking on here at work :shock:

Windsurfer, thanks dude if i can get it looking as cool as yours i will be happy, they were cleaned with cif bathroom cleaner with bleach

Pete

petegee56 said:

Jesus Pete no wonder you were going mad about how much wiring for the stereo :shock: :shock: :shock:

Also If anyone does want to know ,I now do Motivational tapes to play whilst doing work on your buses , Pt 1 of '' Shut Up you Girl and get the plugs in'' is now avalible :lol:

Gadget ;)

Ok been doing a bit more stuff to the bus

Got the seats in up front, just waiting for my matching door cards to arrive, then could do with a good clean round

IMG_1483.jpg

I have also re trimmed my westy bed, once again thanks again to gadget boy for his help, think the bed looks pretty good now

this is how is was

IMG_1449.jpg

And this is how is is now

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

I also put some edging trip round the edge of my wardrobe, can just see it on the edge nearest the door in this photo, must remember to get better pictures when i do this

IMG_1485.jpg

The edging has made a big difference to the look of the wardrobe, it looks much better now, it just looks tidy

Need a new front door as the one i have with the speaker hole is bugging me and really letting down the rest of the interior

IMG_1484.jpg

A shot of the re trimmed rear cushion, you can also see the edging on the top edge of the wardrobe in this shot

IMG_1482.jpg

I picked up a rear door for my wardrobe today at dubfreeze from rocket ron (thanks ron)

I also put some wood over my rear window where the wardrobe sits

IMG_1488.jpg

And of course started to fill the window with stickers

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

now i need to give the floor a good clean up, next up is to get the bus sitting a little lower, and get a sink unit and an overhead locker to finish off the interior, but its starting to come together now

Enjoy

Pete.

Top bus fella! Particularly impressed with the re upholstery work on the bed. Didn't know Dean was any good with a needle and thread :lol: Seriously, was this done from scratch or is someone selling a kit now? I no kit is available then perhaps there is an oportunity for someone?

Latest posts