My Montana Red sunroof deluxe new stance

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good,couple of questions:
Where did you get the trim thats around the ply and the sunroof hole?
Did you have to cut holes in the front ply for the sunroof handle?If so where they on the template?If so can I buy that bit off you???
cheers Paul

Hi Paul

The trim is from here,

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1294-pvc-edge-trim.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes i had to cut my ply headliner panel and made a real hash of it as it was quite tricky so i have had to try to patch it up and winds me up every time i see it so will make a new front panel at some point, However i think grazy from this site who makes the templates for these headliners i think is doing a sunroof one now

Pete

Thanks for the trim link,I think the pop top and sunroof models used the same hole-what Grazy has is the template for the pop top mode,l for us there is still the need to cut out the finger plate hole and winder hole!! Looks like a bodge coming on!
regards Paul

Paul,

Yes they are the same size hole and i used Grazys templates for a westy poptop but as you say the bodge i did for the winder and fingerplate was just that, but im sure he mentioned in his thread he was looking at doing templates for a sunroof bus

Pete

Well i managed to get a bit of a sound system wired in to the bus, its only a tempory fix at the moment until i can fund a decent set up, i borrowed a head unit and a pair of front speakers from a couple of mates ( thanks paul and dave, godbus and davesmith84)

Set it up, the head unit tucked away in my glovebox, need to get some sort of bracket now to fasten it in and tidy it up abit, need to do the same to my CB radio which is also wired into the glovebox

not the best picture but you get the idea

IMG_1528.jpg

wired the speakers in the back and hid the sub away in the back of my sink unit

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

then as it was a sunny day gave it clean and a polish and went at to use it

IMG_1527.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

Thanks for looking

Pete

Well had a run dow n to the volksworld show on saturday night, a few bears in the bear and then was in the earlybay line up on the sunday, it was good to start putting some faces to usernames, anyway here is a couple of pictures of my bus in the line up

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

and Dean i will get round to starting the montana red bus thread

Pete

Nice to meet you pete, loved the van, the stance is spot on, kind of got me thinking prahaps I should go Narrow......

AxlFoley said:
Nice to meet you pete, loved the van, the stance is spot on, kind of got me thinking prahaps I should go Narrow......

Good to meet you too dude, its easy to catch the lowering bug, i still want to go lower with mine its a never end pursuit, a couple of pictures to my bus taken by other people

wwwvwbugcouk-VOLKSWORLDSHOW2010S-2.jpg

IMG_1215.jpg

Pete

well a bit of a thread update,

First to sneek something else in, I got myself a new daily, and it is awesome

27692_390592876295_663456295_453495.jpg

I went on my stag do this last weekend, went down to woolacombe for a weekend of BBQs and surf, but it was bloody cold a wet so jagerbombs were our stable diet, here are a couple of pictures

The line up to start the journey

IMG_1552.jpg

The cruise

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

A devon layby trying to keep the convoy together

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

The camp

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

Sheltering from the rain

27946_392976334409_740979409_394909.jpg

The convoy home

27946_392977324409_740979409_394913.jpg

It was a good weekend, next up is a wedding in Cornwall run to the sun weekend

Me and Ooro have stayed at that site in Woolacoombe before too.

All it did was piss it down as well Pete!

Good luck for the wedding fella :)

Well my next update is that this weekend I have been down to Cornwall to get married, Was a good trip down in the bus and a fantastic day.

Here is my wedding camp

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

I did not spend the wedding night in the bus, :roll: the mrs wanted a but more luxury apparently, so we stayed in the Headland Hotel. My bus looked good out front but i did not get any pictures of it as i was somewhat pre occupied. However mine was not the only bus out the front of the headland, there were three splittys down for rtts, only splitty owners !!

Got a few shots of the bus at the wedding location outside my marquee

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1582.jpg

Thanks to Davesmith84 for jumping in at short notice for bridesmaids transport, i was joined by a couple of other earlybayers dave has started a photo thread here

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tomorrow im off for three weeks in sunny california

Pete

That's a beautiful bus. 8)

Can I ask what you put along the edges of the headliner to keep it in place? :?:

Slammed said:
That's a beautiful bus. 8)

Can I ask what you put along the edges of the headliner to keep it in place? :?:

Cheers Slammed the more i use the bus the more i love it ,

i go the trim pieces from here

http://www.goodingalum.com/p9/prod63/Pr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ing-System

Sausage

It was a fantastic location to get married, even better that i got to spend the morning surfing before i go married

Pete

Latest posts