My new '71 Italian import slammed, patina-ridden kombi

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

Reaction score
Just bought this and am LOVING it! Now just need to decide whether to restore, polish or leave as is. This has the cleanest underside I have seen in a long time!

e6b5_1.JPG

ee38_1.JPG

f4b2_1.JPG

fb04_1.JPG

Dan

looks a bit like tofufi's, it looks good as it is, but i would lose those low vents unless shes packing a huge lump?

Looks great as is or you could do whatever you like to it. I would scrub up the front and get rid of the rust and enjoy. It will be easier to leave out in the carpark at the shops in that nick though. The wheels are perfect too.

That is awesome. But we need more pics.

Perhaps think of a resto a few years down the line if you still own it.
For now i would tidy up the front but leave the rest, and go out and enjoy it.

Hi Dan welcome to the forum dude . Loving your van BIG time son . My missus was tracking this on E Bay . Quality ride mate look forward to seeing it in the metal 8) . Are you going down to Beachbuggin in Portsmouth next week , as its close to you . hope to see you there

Personally I'd remove those vents, give the front a quick rub down and spray it with aerosols in any green roughly the same as yours, then just get in and drive!

Very cool looking van. 8)

Hello mate and welcome, nice van! i would leave as is for a while and then maybe restore when you feel like a change 8)

what engine does it have in it? those intakes are interesting 8)

patina rocks, I sprayed over my OG paint van and regretted it ever since

and personally, extra add ons like the vents add a bit of mystique, I'd keep em

maybe just tidy the front a bit

v cool though 8) :D

Cool looking van, if it was mine I'd keep it as it is and like the others say just sort out the rust on the front panel before it developes into something nasty.

I love patina but my bus was just to rusty (got soaked every time it rained). And the resto is a bitch if you take it on yourself.

Latest posts