My new crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good fella! Wish mine look like yours! Think I wud seal the tank inside with a kit from frosts or you will forever have fuel issues. Think im goin to do that too.

I was told it was a one year tank tho? and weather you could get a new one? and weather another secondhand one wud be the same? I have acid soaking in mine at the moment to remove all the rust and then Im goin to use one of those tank sealing kits from frosts.

Not much to shout about lately :(

Darren has been pullin a few miles of burnt n unecassary wiring out along with his hair!!!

But I did find some new rot for him to weld, that'll keep his face straight(ish) :lol:

019-2.jpg

Oh & more bee's nests :roll:

020-2.jpg

Then I started cleaning the engine bay, looks canny like!!

024-1.jpg

Check out the battery trays!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

023-1.jpg

Then I went a little bit mental on the front panel !!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

026-2.jpg

025-1.jpg

The front has had a previous american drill loads of holes in it & fill it wi bondo repair!!! :roll:

So I thought I might aswell paint the orange part of the front panel totally!??!!

Alittle more done yesterday.

010-1.jpg

011-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

013-3.jpg

014-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

016-3.jpg

017-2.jpg

018-2.jpg

019-3.jpg

Would have got the engine bay painted too if me mixing scales hadn't thrown a wobbler AGAIN !!!! :evil:

Looking gud fella! Keep up the gud work! I had to bare metal my roof too took me the best part of a day with the grinder and a strip disc. Found a way to make it so much easier tho. I removed any flakey paint and took the top off the rust, then brushed with boiler descaler (Phosporic acid) and leave over night then wire wheel again to show clean rust free metal. This made such a better job and so much quicker.

Bit o paint on!!!!

001-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

:D

My wife hates the colour, but I quite like it!!!!!

I need to find some easier way of getting the surface rust off of the roof like, it's a proper pain in the arse :evil:

Mate tell her from me shes wrong :lol: Its the bestest colour on an early! And pretty rare compared to my Pearl White :msn4:

Just

A little bit more done between jobs this week,

001-2.jpg

Rot out n welded up courtesy of Darren.

002-3.jpg

004-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

That's it for now, but I hope to spend a bit of time on it this weekend!!

*********WARNING**********

Loads of pics :oops: :oops:
I went a bit mental wi the camera!!!! :lol:

Primer rubbed, reprimed, re rubbed n re masked.

001-3.jpg

002-4.jpg

003.jpg

Then 2 coats of colour,

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

but I wasn't happy with the finish, so....

007-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-3.jpg

011-3.jpg

012-3.jpg

013-4.jpg

I put 2 more on :D

But then I took the masking off n realised it's not quite the right colour :( :(

014-3.jpg

015-3.jpg

016-4.jpg

017-3.jpg

018-3.jpg

019-4.jpg

Me own fault for just guessing the colour like :lol:
Then the scales went off mid mix & I'm trying to match 40 year old paint!!!!
Was never goin to be easy was it ???
I'm planning on weathering the new paint by rubbing it thru a bit to make it look older & polihing up the old paint to make it look newer, might not be too bad then, eh ?????

Latest posts