My stereo keeps cutting out

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevec

Reaction score
Hi
Can someone help me with my wiring please??

I fitted a stereo last year powered by the aux battery via a fuse box under the back seat. It use to suddenly cut out now and again but start again straight away.
Now I put the face on and it lights up but as soon as I press source it cuts out....I've got all the inline fuses etc, do I need a capacitor inline or something??

Thanks

Daft question but is there enough charge in the leisure battery to power the stereo ?

My thoughts exactly.

Stick a multimeter on volts across the LB or tell us what your zig or other control panel or whatever you have tells you and report back if you would.

Try another stereo as it could be the face off contacts? Every time you put pressure on the face it goes blank? Had 2 stereos do that to me now, eliminate the easy things first ;)

Bobster said:
Daft question but is there enough charge in the leisure battery to power the stereo ?

Think I read my stereo needs at least 9v to run. So every time my LB loses charge, I lose stereo..

Latest posts