• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Narrow 5 Cookie Cutters

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really confused now !!!!

If they have been re drilled does that make them unsafe in any way ?

Sorry to keep askin questions but with a family i want my bus to be safe.

Thanks for all the pics Wixie and to me they look fine but i'm no expert unfortunately so would just like to be sure.

Cheers again for the help and advice. Any more most welcome ....

It's an interesting one this - I've been partial to Cookie Cutters for some years and a few sets have been known to find their way into my possession ;) I agree with Loxy on this - here's what I know...

Standard Porsche PCD is 5x130 - never 5x112.
No one makes an aftermarket version - only ATS ever made these wheels (although some folks love them, they are considered an "acquired taste" and so wouldn't be desired in sufficient numbers to warrant re-manufacture - and if they were then they wouldn't have ATS and a 1970's date stamp).
Your wheels have a 1974 date stamp.

If they have been reworked then you'd just have to satisfy yourself that they've retained their integrity - a debate on that subject would run and run!

;)

Blimey it's a right old can o' worms this one.

Are reworked wheels likely to crack or are there other problems likely to appear ?

Is anyone else runnin on reworked wheels ?

Is there any way to get em checked out ?

I've become more and more confused by all this but also learned a lot(if that makes sense !!)

Cheers

PIEMAN said:
Blimey it's a right old can o' worms this one.

Are reworked wheels likely to crack or are there other problems likely to appear ?

Is anyone else runnin on reworked wheels ?

Is there any way to get em checked out ?

I've become more and more confused by all this but also learned a lot(if that makes sense !!)

Cheers

All i can say is my bus has been lowered by a cut and twist, and you know how harsh that ride is on these fine uk road networks that we have, I would be happy to clean up the insides of these wheels for inspection as i have done on one of the bolt holes in the rear images I do agree with the other guys comments.....confusing indeed!!

Maybe I strip the tyres and scrap the wheel!! I'd probably get similar money...maybe!

If it means anything, in my opinion I have had the bus 5 years, I would guess its 10 years since the resto was done at which point the wheels where fitted, i have had them sand blasted and there was no sign of damage, I think they're fine and would have no problem continuing running these if I weren't gong to wide 5's although I understand your concerns

Anyone want to buy some bloody good tyres :?:

I wouldnt worry guys, they look a cool wheel to me with the benefit of not having to run adaptors and killing the offset 8)

Just

creationblue said:
I wouldnt worry guys, they look a cool wheel to me with the benefit of not having to run adaptors and killing the offset 8)

Just
Agreed, not suggesting they aren't safe, just unclear how they ended up 5x112.

creationblue said:

Just

Totally agree, ive got two sets of Cookies (6's front, 7's rear) one polished one painted. And as above no adapters mean no worries with the offset, and without spending £80 getting rear hubs redrilled and Porsche front hubs.

i'm just intrigued how/when/who did it :) and why aint we seen it more often

Cheers mate,
I've responded but my message seems to be sat in the outbox*?!?!*
Watch this space :msn4:

Messages sit in the Outbox until the user next logs on to the site i.e. until they are "delivered" to the recipient :)

Thanks, I did try logging out and back in again but it didn't' appear to make any sufferance, fine now though!!:)

Latest posts