narrowed beam turning circle.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

young_dubya

Reaction score
Right, at this moment I'm looking at buying a slamwerks 4.5" narrowed beam. I was going to narrow a split beam 2". My only question is what's the turning circle like at 4.5" narrow?

Looking at my van as it is I could take 2.25" off the track each side with no touching. But looking like and doing are 2 diffrent things :lol:

A mate of mine made a 6 inch narrowed beam for his 66 split, he reckons the turning circle is better :-/

Can't see that myself :-S

Westy Richardson said:
A mate of mine made a 6 inch narrowed beam for his 66 split, he reckons the turning circle is better :-/

I love statements like that, it's just people deluding themselves.

I have driven a late bay with a 4.5 inch creative beam and the turning round in a space my stock van would turn in 3 points took about 6 goes at it. Reducing the width of the track will reduce turning circle.

speedwell68 said:
Westy Richardson said:

I love statements like that, it's just people deluding themselves.

I have driven a late bay with a 4.5 inch creative beam and the turning round in a space my stock van would turn in 3 points took about 6 goes at it. Reducing the width of the track will reduce turning circle.

My thoughts exactly :| Oh well :lol:

I'm running 4.5" narrow slammed and the turning circle is a joke but looking uber cool comes with some drawbacks

Latest posts