NellyBus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
awesome mate. like the look of those wheels. how wide are those rears?

what mods do you think you will have to do? is it fabricating your own inner wheel tubs? you cant roll them because you wont be able to open the slider. my rears may need some slight modifying as i've got 8.5's going on.

the book and paperwork arrived so thanks for sorting that out for me.

NaFe

Nafe your rears should fit on with a sqeeze. :wink:
Mine are 19x11's with 305/30/19 tyres so everything inside the arch is going, some of the chassis leg and widen the tubs
by an inch or two.
Andy they were cheap £700 with tyres. :)

700 notes is cheap as chip for those mate. 11 j is just takin the piss :D do they not do a 9.5 or 10 j that would make the fit a bit easier. have you seen the vwkd build thread on a split where a guy called cleverchap sqeezed a set of 10x18 porsche speedline splits on the rear of his split.

when my van is done i want to buy a ropey bay and do some more extreme stuff to it like bagging it. tubbing it etc so i can leave my camper a little more usable. it would seem a shame to subject my family to a four year build then tell them no passengers or i bottem out :D

My daily is an Audi A8 with 18's with 245x45 and your now making that look punny.....

Go my son, go for it :mrgreen:

Nafe my trimmer did everything other than they head liner(TMI) in leather.
Those rear wheels are proving to be a right ARSE ACHE :roll:
feeling like i've bitten off more than i can chew with them :oops:

build the van up using the fronts on the rear then keep an eye on flebay to scoop up two more odd fronts. 225 35 19's will fit a load easier than 305 30 19. you would have to cut the chassis of your van to bits to get them tucked. or you could try the tried and tested yank way of getting big rimmage up the back of a camper. 70's stylee :D

Baja.jpg
[/quote]

Yo Nelly i have 2 8/18s for sale if ya want them they come with 225/40/18s tyres as new. As you know i could'nt get my 11s on the back so iv'e got 4 front ones now. Mine are 19s on back and 18s on the front. Let me know if ya intrested?.

there is one 8 x 19 inch front on flebay at the moment mate. looks like its gona go cheap. then you wil just need one more :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Porsche-19-Carrera-S-Front-Wheel_W0QQitemZ260365153330QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260365153330&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hey mate,

any progrress on the 911 setup recently? cant wait to see more work. bit peeved that the guys at the bodyshop havent done anywork on the camper as its getting a bit tight as to weather i['ll get it back before end of march.

NaFe

Nelly, did you just remove the rear torsion bars and fit coilovers and how does it ride? What rate are the springs and dampers? From an engineering point of view......wow! I'm currently fitting cossie running gear and steering to my Talbot Sunbeam and transplanting an S2000 motor and box but it never crossed my mind to play with my bus like that! Credit due.

Neil when i was using it before i had torsion bars and coil overs,
Now i will be using just coil overs, as to ratings once its built up and corner weighted i'll get correct springs.
This is what i've done lately,
08032009297.jpg

08032009305.jpg

08032009303.jpg

Got the 5 speed fitted then sold the 19's and bought some more realistic 7.5x18 & 9x18 with 225/40/18 & 255/35/18
26022009294.jpg

26022009292.jpg

26022009291.jpg

They are porsche/bbs split rims which were also an ebay bargian.
Then my KEP adapter plate came,
27022009296.jpg

East meets West for the first time
08032009299.jpg

08032009300.jpg

Then all say hello to the bus.
08032009302.jpg

The engine is a subaru wrx motor which should be good for nearly 300bhp. :evil:

Much respect mate, looks fantastic.
The way your going you will need a stabiliser wheel on the back to keep the front end down :lol: :lol: 8)

thats going to be rapid. i hope its sounds as good as the last engine you had in there. in the photo the bar at the front of the gbox look bent. is it just the photo or did you need to bend it for adjustment? are the wheels staying that colour or are you sparying the centres to match or graphite? :D

The gearbox mount is bent to sit it in the right place.
Can't decide what to do with wheels yet what do you guy's think?
Colour code centre caps to match wheels??
Or paint wheels to match roof and bumpers???

Latest posts