NellyBus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Grazy :D and Jon it has all been worth it blood, sweat and nearly tears.
Here's a few pics of the work I did in the two weeks prior to Breeze.
11102008070.jpg

06102008068.jpg

06102008067.jpg

05102008065.jpg

And for those of you who couldn't get there some pic's of it how it looks now (nearly finished) :wink:
19102008077.jpg

19102008078.jpg

19102008079.jpg

19102008080.jpg

19102008081.jpg

19102008082.jpg

Sweeeet :mrgreen:
Well done on the trophy and well deserved :D

What's next then :?:

exellent mate. i walked all the way up madiere drive to the end only to find that it hadn't made it. :(

chuffed to bits when i came across it on my way back down. it looks like a new bus (i dont mean one of those crap new ones they churn out in brazil or wherever). it look like its been built by coach builders, the detail is great. i look forward to seeing the stereo install. its guna have to be a loud one to drown out those pipes :D

My wish list is huge :!:
I'm gonna change the bike cans for something quieter but still with a deep note :wink:
So at least the wife will let me do over 60 mph with her in it :roll:
But I've got a 5 speed 911 box and 944 s2 trailing arms with 300mm rear discs in the garage waiting to go in but that won't be until next winter.
Power steering from Red 9 :?:
But most importantly a heater and a stereo soon.

Had a few pc problems lately,
Got new laptop now so this is what i've done recently.
08112008102.jpg

Removed the rear panel and chopped it about,
08112008103.jpg

Cut the back bumper around where i'd like tail pipes to exit,
08112008106.jpg

08112008110.jpg

Then moved the oil cooler underneath,
09112008117.jpg

10112008120.jpg

All ready for Janspeed to make custom fit system,
I would do it myself but would cost me more to buy all the correct bends and blank box in stainless.

ive said this before on another thread, you will definitely have to get this mag featured its amazing :shock:

Finally got the bus down to Janspeed for the stainless system,
22112008127.jpg

They made the system on the bus to my spec,
22112008129.jpg

24112008131.jpg

Now i can actually hear when i'm driving, :D :D :D
I can't praise them enough for the job they did it's awsome and turned round in a day, a saturday at that.
I've got a feeling i may be taking her back off the road over christmas to fit some 911 front suspension including power steering and the 5 speed so if anyone is interested in my cog box reworked 091 box i'll put that in the for sales soon. :wink:

This bus is the dogs danglies. 8) Amazing job.

What do you think it would do down the strip?

I have no clue what she'd do down the strip but am looking forward to finding out in the new year :wink:

No i think its gonna be one of the first rwyb at santa pod as early as pos in year so i can get some practice in, never been on a drag strip before :|

Outstanding :wink:

Questions ?

I thought 964 3.6s were water cooled ?
Did you have to move the postion of the fuel tank ?
Did you have to change the fuel tank to injection with a swirl pot ?
When you fit your 5 speed wont that move the engine backwards toward the rear of the bus ?
How have the dash instruments coped ? i.e your fuel gauge is now 911 etc not bus .
Does the dash instruments have a separate wiring loom ?

I reallly like the exhaust as it very discreet and the rear brace bar is a new one ive not seen that . Usually ive seen the original porsche one used and hung from thick triangle plates .

Apoligies for all the questions Im looking into this swap to and having been to Spa and back in a 3.0 Porsche powered Westy its a hell of a ride :mrgreen:

Thanks

Gadget

Gadget, 964 3.6s are air cooled 240 bhp motors,i;m running a 3lt sc motor so i didn't move the tank, and am using a standard tank with a return line fitted,
The five speed wont move the engine as i'm going to cut the beam and go for independant suspension,
The fuel gauge is fine with original sender and Jon (herbie 58) made me a new loom complete cause he's good at that kind of thing :D unlike myself :?
And the rear brace bar comes off standard 72 bay engine mounts.
Hope that helps mate :wink:

Gadget,

Nelly's bus had a complete new loom which was part bus and part porsche. I custom built it to look like a factory made loom even obtained a new engine plug and used all correct vw and porsche colours. So if Nelly needed to look at anything he can as general electrics like lights etc are vw, so look at '72 vw wiring diagram. Then the porsche side look at thier diagram for the engine and gauges..

Jon

Latest posts