NellyBus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big changes since i last read this thread :shock:

this bus screams stealth to me, personally id paint them the same dark bumper colour, it wil llook the nutts 8)

Not posted for a while, work has picked up due to F1 season starting,
15032009306.jpg

15032009308.jpg

This is what the wheels look like in black (sprayed a spare centre) still cant decide between silver and black :?
04042009321.jpg

Got my 911 hubs back from machining so you can get a better idea of how big brakes are inside 18" wheels :shock:
05042009324.jpg

This chaffed a bit cutting out lots of good painted metal ;)

they look great in black mate. it must hurt cutting all that good metal out of your van. i assume this is the begining of the ducted air system you will be running. should look great when you're done

Really enjoyed reading through all the pages! Love the fabrication work, looking forward to seeing how this van evolves even further.

Gareth

Haveacamper said:
mrsimpson said:
Amazing bus mate, what happened with the Porsche engine?

I nabbed it mate. along with the dash, and brakes :)

...JEALOUS...

I've heard Subaru engines are much better than Porsche ones anyway, let me know when you want to sell it!

:D

This was actually quite scary cutting this out :shock:
09042009325.jpg

The hole needed to big to fit the scooby bonnet vent in,
09042009326.jpg

09042009328.jpg

09042009329.jpg

It doesn't look to out of place,
I'm gonna fit a large intercooler behind the vent,
Also blasted the chrome off and painted the front badge as it started to go rusty already,
09042009331.jpg

Might paint some head lamp surrounds same colour and give it a bit of german look?

That scoop looks like it could have been made to go there - very stealthy 8)

Loving your work - you're very brave to cut all that freshly painted metal out! Will there be a matching scoop on the other side (I'm a sucker for symmetry!)?

;)

SH*T that must have been so so so so scary mate.

quote from team america: "you've got balls...I like Balls."

question? are you putting another onw the opposite side so it doesnt look wonky?? so to speak

looks pretty awesome. lt me know when you want to sell the stuff at a percentage of the cost :):)

Not gonna put a scoop on the other side its only there for cooling the intercooler,
But i'm good at changing my mind as you guy's have seen ;)

looks much better than any other scoop ive seen. one on the other side would look hard-as. I love the black split wheels as well.

Loving that scoop, as said above, looks like it as made for there, if you did one for the otherside, could you fit the rad there?

Now thats a good idea ;) cheers Andy.
I've got my front coil overs back from Gaz :)
They were originally 911 shocks that used torsion springs but had this conversion done for more adjustabilty,
Can't wait to see what its gonna drive like :evil:
13042009006.jpg

Latest posts