New battery advice

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenchk

Reaction score
Hi, My battery has died and will not charge up because it is so old. Need to buy another and looking at various web sites I assumed incorrectly that I would just order another but they appear to be made for different vehicles. My exisitng battery is so old there is no markings on it to help me select another. So, my question is... can someone suggest a battery for me. It is to go in my VW 1971 dormobile. Thanks.

Vw Heritage list a 45 ampere for a bay ( confirmed in Benson manual, later bays have 54 amp)
I think the one in my bay is 60+amp

With a stock set up I'd have a 45 amp, but the dells have no chokes so the extra cranking juice in a 60 helps getting it started when really cold (could be a myth...but it always starts ;) )
recently on Vzi they debated the pro's of paying extra to buy from Halfords for the guarantees they give, I returned a battery that I had let go flat in my buggy for months...wouldn't recharge...just over 2 years old replaced no hassle...at all other times I hate Halfords :evil:

You want an 063 or 065.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Lucas-batteries-direct_Car-batteries_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ17904564QQftidZ2QQtZkm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts