New Carbs

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am thinking of fitting twin 34 ICTs to my stock 1600cc engine. I am wondering what else I will need to buy?????

(I will be buying a kit from cool air)

Ive got a stock dizzy on there at present and its vacumn advanced so I presume that I will have to change this for a 009 without etc.

I have a just kampers stainless exhaust system, which should be fine, but
I don`t need to replace any tinware do i?

Please help................ :D

I've got dual Dell'orto 34 FRDs on mine and they have VAC outlets, I'm not sure if ICTs have VAC outlets. If they do then I would keep the stock VAC dizzy as they have a much better advance curve at low revs than a 009. Also genuine Bosch dizzys are no longer made and fetch a higher price, EMPI make a reproduction 009 but it is cheaply made in China. Check out this website http://www.eurocarb.co.uk they do Dual Dell'orto FRD kits and ICTs for T1/T2 engines, give them a call they give good advice.

Quality! cheers Speedwell, I will give em a call.

Whats the benefit of FRDs over ICTs if any?

8)

easy said:
Quality! cheers Speedwell, I will give em a call.

Whats the benefit of FRDs over ICTs if any?

8)

No idea, they are very similar anyway. I got mine cheap on thesamba.com. I would say that the parts for Webers are easier to come by.

Just given them a call and they do twin weber 34icts with vacuum advance for £349, result.

Looks like that will be the way to go for me. I won`t have to change the dizzy etc then.

Cheers dude! 8)

I got my SCAT swivel linkage from them, cheaper than SSP and they gave me good advice on installing it. VAC on dual 34s should give better economy than with a 009. You bus is gonna be nice n' smooth to drive, with a bit more poke and economy. Nice one. Let us all know how you get on.

Will do dude.

The website link you put up seems to go somewhere weird? I presume you mean http://www.racecar.co.uk/dellorto/

Is this right?

The guy was well helpful and very cheap on the kit and postage. 8)

Yeah thats them, didn't know they had changed their web address. http://www.dellorto.co.uk goes to the same place as well. Glad you got it sorted.

Nice one dude! much appreciated. I will get you a cider when we all meet up!

thanks again 8) :wink:

easy said:
Nice one dude! much appreciated. I will get you a cider when we all meet up!

thanks again 8) :wink:

No worries,

Cheers,
beer.gif

depending on your van the only problem ive come across is that late bays have the mount for the air filter on the right hand side, it gets in the way of the carb.
also ive got icts on my bus and my bug and they are an awesome carb
better fuel economy and more poke!
well worth the cost
C

slammedkustom said:
depending on your van the only problem ive come across is that late bays have the mount for the air filter on the right hand side, it gets in the way of the carb.
also ive got icts on my bus and my bug and they are an awesome carb
better fuel economy and more poke!
well worth the cost
C

Agreed here.

Definately some more poke and increases fuel eoconomy noticeably :lol:

Nice one guys. I have part built them now, just gonna finish them off next week, then its off to the rollling road! broom broom! :lol: :lol:

the other thing to watch out for is where you bolt the big "L" bracket to the carbs, trial fit the air filter as you may have to trim the corner of the bracket to let the filter sit right.
C :wink:

Go with dual 36 DRLA

Awesome carbs... and cheap

This winter I will install a pair of ported & polished dual ports heads with dual 40 DRLA carbs

bough them 60€ + 55€ of rebuilt kits

With cb big beef manifolds, cb crossbar linkage, air cleaners and velocity stacks, they are for 300€

before / after :wink:

dellorto's%2040%20DRLA%20002.jpg

dellorto's%2040%20DRLA%20021.jpg

Wow, kombiporsche they look great! I have a pair of 40 Dell's just parts in a box! I think i need to send them to soeone who can clean em up and put together..... anyone?

Latest posts