New found power!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubaroo

Reaction score
I have just taken the van out for a run for the first time since fitting the throttle linkage kit from Butty,
Wow!! what a difference! can't believe it's the same van.I think I might have even exceeded the speed limit on a dual carriageway for the first time since I have owned it!
When I had it serviced earlier in the year they guessed I was probably losing between 20 to 25% of power, due to the play in the linkage. I guess you don't notice a gradual loss over a few years, So pleased with the performance now, best £44.10 I have ever spent.
Just like to thank Simon for his prompt service, and post sales advice.

My local Volkswagen main dealer could learn a thing or two from him, after it took them 3 attempt's, And me 4 trips to them to get the right oil filter for my T25!

dubaroo said:
I have just taken the van out for a run for the first time since fitting the throttle linkage kit from Butty,
Wow!! what a difference! can't believe it's the same van.I think I might have even exceeded the speed limit on a dual carriageway for the first time since I have owned it!
When I had it serviced earlier in the year they guessed I was probably losing between 20 to 25% of power, due to the play in the linkage. I guess you don't notice a gradual loss over a few years, So pleased with the performance now, best £44.10 I have ever spent.
Just like to thank Simon for his prompt service, and post sales advice.

My local Volkswagen main dealer could learn a thing or two from him, after it took them 3 attempt's, And me 4 trips to them to get the right oil filter for my T25!

Its hard to explain to people how much depends on your bus having a good throttle linkage .
Its the same with split bus owners , they feel they get an extra 10%-20% more go go .
Glad you like it . And thank you for posting it up.

Fitted one to mine a while back and they are awesome so smooth and the best bit is you can suddenly get full throttle which is where the extra power comes from, the old linkage can't get near it.

NickBab said:
Any ETA for the RHD kit?
For the complete kit i should have bits in about a months time , i do a kit already that is very good , its the pedal rod down to a new swivel unit and the long rod to the crosshaft . There are about 20+ of these out there already out there . If youve ever looked at the complete setup you will understand the issues . There a nightmare , and to fit the crosshaft will be aswell im sure .

Sorry for the stupid question but, is this a twin carb thing or for standard?

Rich

Oh i just saw this and thought i would also treat myself, call it a late christmas present for the bus, that way i could treat it to something else for this christmas. :lol:

I only got to try it round the block before I took my windows out but it immediately felt better. Need to adjust the cable a tad I think but the linkage is excellent.

Latest posts