New nomination for EarlyBayer of the year 2011 - Oslo_mark69

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin & Muttley

Reaction score
I asked on 20th January if anyone lived near Crumlin, Newport (http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29071&hilit=newport) as I wanted to bid on a towbar for my Scooby but the seller wasn't keen to post - Mark Lewis (Oslo_mark69) very kindly offered to pick it up and wrap it for a courier for me.

Mark picked it up from the seller and realised that one of the brackets was missing - so he fabricated one for me :shock: :D !! He then wrapped it up etc and printed the dispatch note for it etc.

Then the courier didn't collect when they said they would and charged £9 for another collection - which Mark paid out of his own pocket.

All the while emails and texts have been flowing to and fro Mark has been patient and accomodating - I'm embarassed that the whole thing turned into such a chore but Mark has been nothing but cheery about the whole thing! :D

So a HUGE thank you to Mark from me - he saved me a small fortune in fuel and hassle and I really, really appreciate it - he did far more than anyone could have expected and I'm very touched and grateful; it makes me glad to be part of such a happy and helpful forum.

Maximum 'Karma Points' to Mark, hence the nomination - I only hope I can be as useful to someone else in the future.

Brilliant!

Juss

;)

I agree whole heartedly.. and can I praise 'bubba dubba' For sending me a FREE raydot fog light and wouldn't even let me pay the postage. Top man thanks very much!!! :D

Best forum ever??

We need to keep scores of these charitable acts and when we have big meets, buy these peeps a beer..... :msn4:

I also remember Justin ( and Muttley ) Giving me a spotlight a few years back , also no money was exchanged , also had other favours off forum members but ill keep that quiet ! :lol:

Great bunch we have here :beerchug:

The best random act of kindness I've had while driving the van was when the bolts one one of my cv joints came out while on holiday ( that's another story : :oops: ) bending most of the bolts, a total stranger pulled up towed me to a quiet road went home and found/ made me some bolts brought them back and because I didn't have any locktite he went back and got some for me and disappeared when It was all done and was insulted when I offered him some Money so that he could buy himself a drink.

When back at the campsite and talking to the owner he wasn't suppriesd at the random act of kindness he reckons they are all like it around there. That was Wareham area in Dorset.

i have to say there are a few guys on here that have gone out of their way to help me during my time on here

MikeF
Clem
Chippi
and recently Froggy

all of which have helped shift random bits and peices around the country for me.

i always make sure i try to rebalance the karma scales even if i cant repay the guy who paid me :D

Latest posts