new project 1970 tin top

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madness

Reaction score
got myself a new project 1970 tintop :D :D :D :D :D
033.jpg

ye will do i pull it out and get some pics up as for plans not sure yet just wana get it on the road with a mot for spring fingers crossed :D :D :D

One picture...........FFS............get them on :D

Like the look (notice you need a windscreen repair panel) so good luck dude :mrgreen:

cant pull out on my own tyres are shot to bits will get some better pics up soon,badly need a lower screen panel/clip to be welded in if any body no,s of a mobile welder in the essex area :D :D :D
033-1.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

038-1.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

040.jpg

hi mate
to be fair that lower windscreen isn't as bad as it looked on the first photo.is there any holes?or has it lost any of the shape to rot?if not i would be tempted to rust treat it and then a really thin layer of fibreglass then filler to get the smoothness?if its not rotted through might be a cheaper option?
you keeping the paint?looks sweet 8)

ye keeping white for now wana give it a polish up and see how she looks ,front screen panel has small holes along would prefer to get it sorted before i put new screen back in....a couple more pics.... :D :D :D :D :D
034.jpg

035-1.jpg

036-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

I like it!! Doesn't look bad.

Thanks for sharing the pics of your windscreen metal area. Gives me a rough idea of what I may be getting into when I take mine out. It looks a lot like yours with the windshield in. Hopefully I will luck out and have it look like yours when it is out. LOL We can't do body welding so we are going with a MarGlass bondo type material to fix mine.

Hope you fix goes well!! :D Make sure to post pics!! :D

madness said:
im prob going for one of these just need someone to do a nice tidy job fitting it fingers crossed :D :D :D :D
LWS004.jpg

LWS001.jpg

I would like to go with one of those too, but sad to say, our skill level and money level just isn't up to using one of them. :( We will still do a good job on it and should last for many, many, more years. :D

Latest posts