NEW SHOES

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baj

Reaction score
hi there, treated me van to some new wheels :D
it defo needs to go down more at the rear, adjustable spring plates next on the list ;)
what do you reckon.
DSCN4730.jpg

DSCN4733.jpg

cheers guys ;)
got the wheels from machine7, there ssp wheels.
tyre combo is 175-55-15 front & 185-65-15 rear.
must say machine7 are top blokes, orderd them online free postage & here the next day :D
bruce

cheers guys for the comments ;) still plenty to do :lol: & money to waste.
bruce

Hi!

That looks really nice, i like that a lot. As for the stance, it looks pretty good as is, but how about horse shoe plates on the rear? Would that be a another option. One of the guys on here is doing theses plates for £110 IIRC

AFAIK, no camber change with drop plates, but would adjustable spring plates give you camber? You dont wanna be wearing out your new hoops!

When you lower your bus, i wonder if people actually change the ride height once they have changed it? So would say, a 2" drop on horseshoes be ok, or are you thinking of going lower?

Cheers!

Alistair

aogrady said:
Hi!

That looks really nice, i like that a lot. As for the stance, it looks pretty good as is, but how about horse shoe plates on the rear? Would that be a another option. One of the guys on here is doing theses plates for £110 IIRC

AFAIK, no camber change with drop plates, but would adjustable spring plates give you camber? You dont wanna be wearing out your new hoops!

When you lower your bus, i wonder if people actually change the ride height once they have changed it? So would say, a 2" drop on horseshoes be ok, or are you thinking of going lower?

Cheers!

Alistair
i did look into the horse shoe plates, i pm'd the guy on here who selling them, think why i didnt go for them was cause my van is droped by 1 spline on the back and for the horseshoe plates to work the van needs to be standard height.
i dont want to go stupid low, just want to get the back down level with the front.
it's a bit racked at the moment.
bruce

baj said:
i did look into the horse shoe plates, i pm'd the guy on here who selling them, think why i didnt go for them was cause my van is droped by 1 spline on the back and for the horseshoe plates to work the van needs to be standard height.
i dont want to go stupid low, just want to get the back down level with the front.
bruce

the sprints are boss.... 8)

i wasnt aware that you had to be standard height for horse-shoe plates? (you may need to notch the chassis if you go lower than 5 inches) but id never heard this before :|

Johnny said:
baj said:
bruce

the sprints are boss.... 8)

i wasnt aware that you had to be standard height for horse-shoe plates? (you may need to notch the chassis if you go lower than 5 inches) but id never heard this before :|

wheels look great, i fitted the horseshoe plates, mine had been lowered 2 splines at the rear, just readjust the springplates back to standard and whack the horseshoe plates on at the same time, mine was mega cambered before but great now and its a very similar height, slightly higher if anything

Cool van, nice stance :D

-off topic- my van with horse shoe plates and 195-65-15 tires:
P1010231.jpg

Love the horse shoe plates, not to low but nice and a smoot ride -off topic-

Greetings Mycha

ok, gonna have a re-think look into the horseshoe plates, plus there half the price of the adjustable springplates ;)

nice van mycha, nice wheels too ;)

Latest posts