new stance

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeyboy

Reaction score
Hi peeps not said much on here lately so thought id put some pics of what i have been doing to the bus over the weekend

started with looking at some drop spindles and then fitting them things did not go well
they fit well and i raised by beam adjusters to full hight but when i lowered the bus down
the tyres hit the arch .
this was before i started

morevan029-1.jpg

and this is after

newstance029.jpg

newstance033.jpg

newstance035.jpg

and i only managed to move it because i did this

newstance034.jpg

so looks like i will be doing some tubbin (the price we pay)

Not sure about the stance too much rake i think but the wife likes it looking that way so will see how
it goes................the beam is a bit close to the floor so bit worried about that

Oh and its a ball joint beam
Any one else this low do you have many problems with hitting the deck?

Dude that is low, did not know you was gona tub it wow, im almost there mate check the thread

The beam is an original weedeater 4" narrowed with home built flip balljoint spindles with lock in c clips for the ball joints tge arms are dead straight now and it rides like a dream .
Hi dean i did not know i was going to tub it either but thats how it goes .Your bus is looking well smart now will have to come and have a look

monkeyboy said:
The beam is an original weedeater 4" narrowed with home built flip balljoint spindles with lock in c clips for the ball joints tge arms are dead straight now and it rides like a dream .
Hi dean i did not know i was going to tub it either but thats how it goes .Your bus is looking well smart now will have to come and have a look

Yeah cool pop over whenever mate, wana get some drop spindles for mine after mot and register

I have to say that stance is spot on, not too narrow, but, I think you are going to have issues due to it being on a balljoint beam. my bus is no where near as low as that and my beam regurlaly hits the floor, much to the annoyance of the wife lol

I have removed the bottom of the beam by about 3" and strengthened to the torsion tubes so hopefully it wont be so bad steering box might be a bit of an issue !!

monkeyboy said:
I have removed the bottom of the beam by about 3" and strengthened to the torsion tubes so hopefully it wont be so bad steering box might be a bit of an issue !!

ahh cool, any photos?

hey monkey... mine is almost the same set up as yours but no quite as low!

Creative Weedeater balljoint with about an inch and a half sliced off the bottom of the end plates, wagens west dropped spindles etc

i have just tubbed in pretty much the same place as you... see here -
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5227&start=140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i dont have any tyre and arch contact now but I dare say loaded up the end plates will still be catching the tarmac every so often! and like i said... not as low as yours!

btw.... if it is that low.... keep an eye on your bottom beam adjuster.... i have just noticed mine has been worn down very slightly! :msn4:

Bit pissed of today had to bring it up few inches (fooking beam/floor) bit of contact so not too good but will figure something out. Will post some pics of the endplates when i get a chance.

Done a bit more on the bus today got the tubs in and carpet also got the seats fitted well happy :D :D :D :D
newinteriour013.jpg

newinteriour006.jpg

newinteriour007.jpg

newinteriour008.jpg

newinteriour009.jpg

newinteriour010.jpg

newinteriour011.jpg

newinteriour012.jpg

;) ;)

monkeyboy said:
The beam is an original weedeater 4" narrowed with home built flip balljoint spindles with lock in c clips for the ball joints tge arms are dead straight now and it rides like a dream
Any pics?

looks v cool 8)

Can I ask are those Porsche 924 seats ? if so did you modify the runners or just bolt them straight in and drill the floor ? It's just that I have a bit of seat fetish at the moment and I'm looking at ideas :mrgreen:

Yer the are porka seats comfy as fook! they are bolted from underneath with coach bolt best seats iv had.

Hi Monkeyboy,

Loving you van :D :D :D

I'm looking into getting hold of a Riviera. Any chance you could post some photos of the interior??? how do you get on with thw van????
thinking about selling my Westy and having the Riviera as a keeper, any views???

cheers