• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

NEW - tail light area repair pieces group buy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doris

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm looking at having a run of these done as I am yet to find anyone who makes them....basically a repair panel for around the rear lights.

- laser cut to ensure exact accuracy (the dimensions taken directly from an original VW panel template).
- manufactured from the correct thickness metal as VW used (1.4mm,maybe 1.5mm if poss but certainly no thinner)

This sort of thing is expensive to have done for just a couple as the cost in setting up & programming the machine doesn't make it worth while.The diagram I have knocked up below is just to give you an idea of what you get,its not to scale - don't worry -the real thing will be bob on!! the piece will be approx A4 size, so there is plenty of metal to trim down and work with, which could help if part of the engine lid aperture is rusted.

price = £20 per pair - inc FREE postage & packing & primer if desired

please start group buy in the usual manner if you are interested....

e.g.
1. Doris - 1 pair - bare
2. busman - 1 pair - primed

taillaightrepairpiecenomarkings.jpg

Great idea

1. Doris - 1 pair - bare
2. busman - 1 pair - primed
3. paul_f 1 pair - primed

got these in my possesion now - very impressed with the quality and standard.those who have ordered - yours will be posted this week.anyone else before I advertise elsewhere?

taillamprepairpiece.jpg

tailloamprepaircloseup.jpg

taillamprepairpieces.jpg

Any plans to make more of these? Or fancy sharing the drawing/dxf so I can get some made.

slowmo said:
Any plans to make more of these? Or fancy sharing the drawing/dxf so I can get some made.

Hi mate,it cost me a few bob to get the drawing done by an engineering company and I don't have it.Think I could get them to get a set cut.I thought they would be more popular than they were but PM if you're interested mate.

Cheers - Rob

Latest posts