New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ozziedog! Just spent the morning cleaning the roof. Hoping to get it camp worthy by May 1st for our first club campout of the season! Exciting times! :D

Hi all
New to the site and new to the scene bought a 1970 lhd westy last year and in the process of restoring him lot of work but really enjoying it (don't think bank balance is thou! Lol)
Anyway great site and glad to be aboard

Cheers darren :D

Hi!

My name is Thomas, 29 years old and i live in the Netherlands.

I have a 69 brilliant blue deluxe!

134513.jpg

Hi just agreed to buy a 'restored lhd 1968 Bay' from Morecambe and Wize. Really excited as it will be replacing a California which I sold a couple of years ago. Would love to restore it myself but lack of space and time means this is not possible at the moment and I didn't want to delay buying a van any further. Will have a very hands on approach on picking spec though. I will be using the van for a mixture of family outings and marketing for our business.

roddyvan%204_zpsrw6xcgj6.jpg

Hi Roddy.

We are just in the process if restoring a 71 dormobile. Dining room is more like a garage at the moment due to garage being chokka! It's full of doors, glass, lights, panels and a rnr bed!

Look forward to seeing the finished work! Welcome.

Hi, my name is Andrej from Slovenia. I had few baywindows and splits before, but first time one earlybay. It is a 70 adventure with a lot of patina :)

Hello to you Andrej, and welcome to you and to Slovenia. We have members here from all over the world and maybe allready one or two from Slovenia. Now you have a nice early Bay, maybe we can tempt you to put up some photos as we all love to see the new members vans especially with patina. The adventure wagon has come in to it`s own right of recent years especially lowered ones :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Did I say Welcome :p and hint at photos perhaps ??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for you welcome, I am starting to work on the bus today, cleaning the engine bay for instaling a new 1776 engine next week.
I am sure this one will be a fun project.

I try to attach fotos but only get this warning: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Bizjak_Bizi-Andrej/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1553_zpswnw16szb.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bullibulli33 said:
Thanks for you welcome, I am starting to work on the bus today, cleaning the engine bay for instaling a new 1776 engine next week.
I am sure this one will be a fun project.

I try to attach fotos but only get this warning: Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.

If you use a service like Photobucket mate, it should let you add the images via that. I think there's a how-to on this board? I might be mistaken. Looking forward to seeing your bus, and welcome!

Here's the guide: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=11398" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thought I would reintroduce myself. I had a 71 Kombi a few years ago that needed some work. I lost interest in it and sold it. But last summer I picked up a 71 Deluxe (71 is the best year), and have slowly been getting that put together.
Pics can be seen in my signature link, but I'll post more photos in the gallery tomorrow when I'm on a computer I instead of my tablet.

Hi everyone. New the VDub scene having been riding scooters for years. Got ourselves a 72 Crossover that is nearing completion of its resto. Have never heard it running as the engine was out of it when we bought it but were booked to go to France for 2 weeks in August! I love a challenge if nothing else!

Cheers

Guy

Hello all. Bay owner (1968) Just wanted to say hello and looking forward to reading up on whatever takes my fancy. Has anyone got an email address for FBIVW in swansea? The one on their website doesn't seem to be working... keep getting failure to deliver notices. Is Graham still there????

Dave Raymond said:
Hello all. Bay owner (1968) Just wanted to say hello and looking forward to reading up on whatever takes my fancy. Has anyone got an email address for FBIVW in swansea? The one on their website doesn't seem to be working... keep getting failure to deliver notices. Is Graham still there????
Hi Dave, welcome along!
Don't have an email, but have you tried reaching them by phone? 01792 585544

Dave Raymond said:
Guess I will try the phone. Thanks. I'm assuming they are still in business then.
Hi Dave - I can only assume so (based on a recent post by someone here: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=63907&p=533677&hilit=fbi#p533677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).
You might want to let them know that their emails aren't working correctly! Often this can just be caused by their inbox just being a bit over-full and refusing new messages.

Latest posts