New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another noob on the forum here. Long dreamt of a vintage camper and a couple of months ago the dream finally came true.
I longed for a project, but young kids and a house resto means very little time restoring a van, So I found a restored one I can just enjoy.
20150405_153836.jpg
20150405_153749.jpg

It's a 71 American Westy

The plan is just to enjoy it as it is, as much as I can for surfing and camping trips, and start getting into mechanics and engine servicing. Also a noob on that department. We'll see how it goes.

The plan is mainly to keep it how it is, but ading a towbar for the surf trailer and vinyl tiles instead of the carpet for easy mainenance (2 kids, a dog, salt water and sand don't go well with carpet...)

Hi all,

After nearly twenty years away from air cooled VWs (one you can drive anyway) i've finally got myself another bus. My interest in them has never gone it's just that other stuff has got in the way.

When i was 16 i restored a 1964 beetle which, after i sold it five years later, went on to be drag raced and was also displayed at the Volksworld show circa 1995.

When the beetle went i replaced it with a '72 Westy as my daily driver but that soon had to go as i got a job that involved lots of miles.

Around ten years ago I bought a '69 early bay as an unfinished project. Unfortunately it remained unfinished for the nine years i owned it. Usual story, house, kids, work, no time etc.

That brings us to the present date and my new early bay. A finished one this time. I recently bought her from another EB member - Davebug - so some of you may recognize her. She's pretty good already but there's always room for improvement so I'll be making various changes along the way. I'll post what i think may be of interest.

We've already been to a couple of shows this year and plan to attend many more throughout the year so hopefully we'll meet up with some of you guys.

Mark

Top forum by the way, I seem to be spending large parts of my life on it at the mo!

Gertie_zpsyp0kghmo.jpg
[/URL

tiki171081 said:
Another noob on the forum here. Long dreamt of a vintage camper and a couple of months ago the dream finally came true.
I longed for a project, but young kids and a house resto means very little time restoring a van, So I found a restored one I can just enjoy.
20150405_153836.jpg
20150405_153749.jpg

It's a 71 American Westy

The plan is just to enjoy it as it is, as much as I can for surfing and camping trips, and start getting into mechanics and engine servicing. Also a noob on that department. We'll see how it goes.

The plan is mainly to keep it how it is, but ading a towbar for the surf trailer and vinyl tiles instead of the carpet for easy mainenance (2 kids, a dog, salt water and sand don't go well with carpet...)

Loving those retro stripes! :mrgreen:

New to early Bay since about a week. Just discovered this post. HI everybody. Got a 70 about two weeks ago. Starting work on it in a few weeks. (currently planning wedding).
4b932d6f874ff83338af7734f7287e89.jpg
b3231d1e027761c5e465751be0b841e6.jpg

Hi everyone Andy here from Sweden.

I've got my bay crew cab -72 for about 3 yers ago.
2,5 years of restoration and now it's sort of finished....

2F3AE32E-5D03-4851-A3D9-F7BCBBA5FDB1_zpswuzlzpbd.jpg

40381120-C044-4CB2-9B15-F78806279E7F_zpsoubihtya.jpg

Regards/
Andy

Bearmountain said:

Regards/
Andy

Hi Andy,

Loving the crewcab, the are never trully finished, I sort of finished mine in 2009 :lol:

Alex VW Heritage said:
Bearmountain said:

Regards/
Andy

Hi Andy,

Loving the crewcab, the are never trully finished, I sort of finished mine in 2009 :lol:

True that ! :D

Hi all. Just picked up my bus. 68 microbus. Stock interior and some great patina. This bus is a keeper and one I have been looking for for a while. Hope to see you around at the shows . Based in the West Midlands so if anyone wants to meet up drop me a pm.

Hi all, got myself a rough 70 devon conversion, will probably pick your brains on a number of occasions :lol: hope to help where I can. Will post a picture when I can

James

Hiya James, Hiya Wolfgang, big welcome to you, hurry up with the pics James , we like Early Devons and we likes little busses too :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh yeah, how about some pics bud :lol:

Hi everyone I am new to here just bought a early bay project to join early bay crowd. Happy motoring!!!

Hi guys,

I'm Antonio and I'm owner of vintagevans restoration shop in Portugal. Also have a nice 70 westfalia. I aarived on this forum because I was looking for a lock for my westfalia trailer. Looks nice and I'll start to participate.Thanks, Antonio

Bearmountain said:

2F3AE32E-5D03-4851-A3D9-F7BCBBA5FDB1_zpswuzlzpbd.jpg

40381120-C044-4CB2-9B15-F78806279E7F_zpsoubihtya.jpg

Regards/
Andy
So jealous I love crew cabs thats a sweet ride

One day i own one to keep the westy company

Maybe

ozziedog said:
Hiya James, Hiya Wolfgang, big welcome to you, hurry up with the pics James , we like Early Devons and we likes little busses too :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh yeah, how about some pics bud :lol:

Okay here goes with the photos, hope they work...

Bit rough around the edges but the welder is on its way :lol:

James

Perfect James, absolutely perfect. Leave the bloody welder Alone!!! Well at least until after the season has finished and get some camping done. Elastic bands, band aids and plenty of gaffer tape should be enough to sort him out for this year, then get serious in the winter.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, See you in a field somewhere ,,, soon !! :mrgreen:

Latest posts