New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers! Will do :D Won't be for a while yet though because my mate who I'm restoring it with is away to work in Holland for 2 months, so it's safely tucked away in his steading until then!

Hi,

Just got a 68 Micro Bus just finished lowering her and fitting an camping interior soon.

hope to see you all at some VW events next season

Dave

Hey folks, another newcomer here.
Have spent a little time wading thru the postings to see what knowledge I can absorb, although that tends to be the other half's thing, absorbing and retaing 'useful' information.
We have recently adopted a 1971 (nay 1970, oops) bay with Danbury interior, she is apparently 'sweet' and seems to have retained bit and bobs of her original bits. When we first got her we weren't familiar with the layout, its our first bus, previously had beetles. Little did we know about the sliding seats to form forward facing ones, wow!
Her cushins and curtains were not looking very original, until we stripped off the cushion covers to reveal the blue/brown fabric, a little ripe in places, but soooo nice!
We have had fun trying to figure out the config for the bed, but still it puzzles us, will be looking for diagrams and video blogs on YouTube I guess, ha, ha!
Well, I will get some decent photos of her up some time soon, I think my avatar might show a vague one, need to get photobucketing soon.
Any hints/tips/advice very welcome...

Welcome to the last couple of newbies - don't forget the pics, pics, pics (and the odd word) :D

Welcome new dooods! as said above ^^^^ keep them pics rolling in, and any help need just ask. :wink: 8)

:oops:
Hi there this is my first post!! im gona need some help from you guys, if thats ok!! my vans in bug trouble!!

Hi folks, My name is Sven, me and my girl own a '70 highroof bay camper which we bought a couple of years ago and gave it an total makeover
i live close to amsterdam and i organize the Aircooled Cruise Inn here in Purmerend

i also own a 57 oval.

52178.jpg

20581.jpg

Cool van and even cooler paint job 8)
The dub looks nice and clean - looks pretty original :?:

thnx! :wink: the paintjob is something about 3 year old now and it's starting to get boring, i've got plans for a new one, maybe next spring.

the oval is pretty standard indeed, which is gonna change soon.
I still have to do some stuff before i can get my licenceplates, it's a swedish bug.

it's going to be lowered, front and rear, some pinstriping here and there, whitewalls

I'm a real volksrodder so it's not gonna be a nice and clean trailerqueen

Cool hightop... 8)

Hi ya

I just bought a early bay 1970 for £240......

newvan2.jpg

newvan.jpg

It was getting dismantled , but i think I have saved it just in time...

It had loads of minor things missing like engine box wiring loom clocks master cylinder headlights indicators windscreen washer bottle etc etc....

But after a couple of weeks its looking a bit more complete... 8)

nice job :wink: it looks ok from the pics? not too much tinworm? and thats a cracking price!

Hello everybody.

It seems that I forgot to introduce myself.
I'm belgian and a proud owner of an unrestored firstpaint patina look with scratches 69' Swiss doubledoor :).

IMG_0005.jpg

I felt in love with busses last year and voila. More to come in a dedicated topic in gallery section :wink:

Earlybay seems to be the place to be for lowlight's lovers, so.. here am I.

t-boo

PS/ does anybody want to send me some liters ankor wax ? You all guys are talking about that stuff as a miracle.. I need it to stop my bus rusting without alterate its beautiful colour

Hey Sven, good to see that you registered overhere! 8)

Dandaz good job saving that EB, looks good enough! 8)

T-booo, u natuurlijk ook welkom gewenst hier! :wink:

Latest posts