New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozziedog said:
Hey there Ermintrude, I thought I recognized that name, but I have been a little lax and not wandered over there for a while to see how the lates are getting on :roll: Hope you enjoy it while you is here :mrgreen: They is every bit as friendly as what you have over there and just a little more chilled out :roll: If that`s possible . One of the pre requisites on here though is a piccy or two :? As a matter of fact is almost compulsory, and if it isn`t ,,,,,,,,,,, then maybe it should be :lol: Don`t tell anyone, but I got a late bay Devon pop a lot on my early :msn4:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, AND !!!!! a bigso welcome :mrgreen:

hellooo! thank you for the welcome.
Recently discovered that fuel sender, petrol cap and headlights are early parts, am wondering what else i'll discover is early?
will get a pic of the bus up soon - currently having the interior upholstery done and looking to get all the bits i need to make sure the bus is as good as it can be! (new headlights needed, mine are like candlelight!) :)

Just want to say Hi,

I've got a crossover '71 single cab pickup that I'm working on.

Had VWs for ages and recently opened a garage for air cooled vehicles in Portsmouth.

I know a few of you on here.

Thanks,

Ginger.

Hey Mr Ginger, welcome to the forum :mrgreen: Sounds like you should have done this a while back, but it`s all good now and you is on here :mrgreen: They`re mostly barkin on here so do you think you`ll fit in ??? ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, You know about the piccys ,,,,,,, Right ????? :lol:

ozziedog said:
Hey Mr Ginger, welcome to the forum :mrgreen: Sounds like you should have done this a while back, but it`s all good now and you is on here :mrgreen: They`re mostly barkin on here so do you think you`ll fit in ??? ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, You know about the piccys ,,,,,,, Right ????? :lol:

I'm not sure I'm 100% barkin but I am ginger.

I'll get pics up ASAP.

Thanks for the welcome.

Hi welcome dude

ginger and driving a crossover :eek: now that's hard core :lol:

ps.i'm bald as a coot so cant speak too loudly oh yeah i was ginger before i was bald did i forget to mention that

mark the gwar

i'm new to this site, glad to have found it. Will get round to adding some pics of my van at some stage soon.

shrikant44 said:
i'm new to this site, glad to have found it. Will get round to adding some pics of my van at some stage soon.

new york seo

Now that sounds like an interesting name,,,,, care to elucidate ????
OH,,,,,,,,,,,,, And as always,,,,,,,,,,,, A BIG WELCOME to you :mrgreen: Even bigger when we gets them piccies :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

Hello all

Glad I found you and this extremely helpful site :D

Have a 1972 crossover, owned a beetle but this is my first time owning a camper

Dan

Hi there Dan :mrgreen: This is a remarkably easy going yet still informative site as you may have discovered if you`ve watched for a bit. The only nause I`ve found on Early Bay is all the wittering on and moaning even pleading or begging for piccies to the point of daftiness :roll: :roll: Gets right on my tits does that ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, So where`s the piccies then ??????? :lol: :roll: :lol:

ozziedog said:
............ The only nause I`ve found on Early Bay is all the wittering on and moaning even pleading or begging for piccies to the point of daftiness :roll: :roll: Gets right on my tits does that ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, So where`s the piccies then ??????? :lol: :roll: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi everyone! I'm new to the club. I've got a 1971 LHD Westy which I bought at VolksWorld show. My previous van was a 1972 crossover that turned out to be a real rotter, really shabby underneath, and all just patched up to get through the MOT before I bought her. I made my loss, learnt my lesson, and have moved on to the next one. I am really pleased with this one. Not only is it an early bay, its all really original and solid. Fresh off the boat from California last December, given a new coat of paint, canvas top, window rubbers, and general overhaul. Here's a few piccies...
IMG_20120324_172353.jpg

More pics and info on this site. Thanks to Drew and Andrew for checking out the van and helping me avoid another expensive mistake! And thanks to Kym for importing selling the van at a price within my budget!

Plans for the future - well theres the obligitary hula girl, flower garlands, and decent stereo at the top of the list, everything else can wait! Looking forwards to my first surfing trip to Wales this weekend...

What a nice lookin bus :mrgreen: Me thinks you done well there Tim (guesses at name) The last one was a bit of a rotter and now you`ve gone LHD :roll: I`ve got similiar thoughts myself,,,,,,,,, heaven forbid But for this summer I`m rolling rhd (including rot ) and we`ll see you at some of the events :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nice colour toooooo !! :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:

Hi there Roger D :mrgreen: To post some piccies of your bus that we photo junkies crave ;) Go back to the board index and at the top of the index is forum advise and how to`s. Click on that and scroll down and you`ll find out how to do it. Firstly you`ll need a photobucket account or similiar and pop all your pics on there. Then whenever you need to whiz a photo onto your thread, just run two pages and hover over the pic on the photo bucket screen and a load of mumbo jumbo will appear :shock: click on the bottom line and that will copy for you, then get back to your thread and insert by pressing ctrl and v at the same time and a load of gobble de gook appears (url) when you actually post what you`ve wrote, as if by magic (it is to me) a piccy will be there :? I promise you that it is easier to do than to tell someone. Now if I can do it then anyone can :mrgreen: So a BIG BIG welcome and start working on them pics :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Computer Genius (NOT !!) :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

ozziedog said:
What a nice lookin bus :mrgreen: Me thinks you done well there Tim (guesses at name) The last one was a bit of a rotter and now you`ve gone LHD :roll: I`ve got similiar thoughts myself,,,,,,,,, heaven forbid But for this summer I`m rolling rhd (including rot ) and we`ll see you at some of the events :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nice colour toooooo !! :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:

Thanks Ozziedog! I should be at Dubs at the Castle :)

Mark6455 said:
Hi welcome dude

ginger and driving a crossover :eek: now that's hard core :lol:

ps.i'm bald as a coot so cant speak too loudly oh yeah i was ginger before i was bald did i forget to mention that

mark the gwar

I'm bald AND ginger, what hope do I have?

Hi all, I'm picking up a 70 Californian bay on Saturday, can't wait! Traded my beetle for it. This forum has been a huge source of information already!

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan,,,,,,,,, sounds like you done the right thing :lol: But as soon as you get him,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well you know the drill :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, So you`ll be Dan The Van now :mrgreen:

Hi.... My name is Paul, Ive been a member of Earlybay for few months now but have spent too much time talking about my van and not realy introduced myself properly!!! :oops:

I have been into the VW scene since my first event which was R.T.T.S 1995!!!

I remember it well.....enough!! :roll:
I was amazed how a VW show could take over a little surf village, I remember It clashed with a surf festival at Fistral Beach.
I can recall walking up the hill Headland Road and seeing all the vans & buses parked up on the Left with all the dudes who owned them, thinking 'I wish'!! 8)
How things have changed!!!! :(

When I was eighteen I brought my first VW! A MK2 Golf driver which I absolutely cherished and loved to bits.
My Girlfriend had a beetle at the time so we needed something practical too!!! :lol:
We always wanted a Camper and knew at some point in our lives we would get one!!

Since then I have owned a series of performance VW's :shock: tastefully modified and Decked!! 8)
Including:

MK2 Golf GTI. (2.0 8v Conversion, Euro look on coilovers)
Corrado 16v (standard on coilovers)
Golf VR6 ( Eurolook on Pollished TT Rims and coilovers!!)
MK4 Golf GTI Turbo. (Loads...and coilovers!!)
Passat Estate TDI..... :shock: (Mercedes splitrims and coilovers)

17 years later with a hole load of stories to tell (about vw events) :party0009: we are back on it and loving being a member or such a friendly helpful community.
We still go to Shows, just the more chilled out ones with our pride and joy 'Myvanway'!!!! :D

Current ride.
Passat Estate TDI......Standard with roorf bars!!!!!!
And our '69' California import Tintop Westy. :D (Not lowered...Much!! :)

SAM_1284.jpg

Me on the left, My partner and Daughter, and my family from Columbus Ohio :D

Thanks again to all those who helped me build my thread and those who and inspire me. 8)

Paul & Family

Latest posts