New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site and I have been looking at the useful info on this Forum.
I now own a 70 sunroof deluxe with a White and orange paint job at this time.
Looking forward to the new paint job orignal colour and new set of wheels.
P1070681_81201024x768.jpg

It will be here soon cannot wait.

cheers for now
Jay

Hello I'm Victoria, proud mum to be of Thurston (when he comes home from the mechanic!), a 1969 Westie from Nevada, with Pauldee http://forum.earlybay.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=17735" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thurston is my first bus and I'm really excited, and looking forward to going to lots of meets and getting to know everyone. Fingers crossed he should be up and running in time for the summer. Haven't got many photos yet but when I do I'll stick them on.

I'm based in South Manchester so if anyone is local please say hi!

aogrady said:
Hi

Welcome along to the forum, shame that someone has spoiled your experience of them, looks on the face of it a bit vzi? I only go on there to sell a few bits, and that has caused grief, your more than welcome here, , lets see a few pics then, i looked at yours on the late bay, but some of us haven't got access to the forum, and we like pictures here, and you will get good sound advice too - even if it's late! ;)

Cheers

Alistair

Thanks for the warm welcome dude.

Here's my bay, it's a 73 twin slider Devon - 12 seat microbus, I've never heard of another!
Here's when I bought her:
2011-11-162004380000-15.jpg

And I've been doing a full resto on her over the past cople of months:
3e19f0d1.jpg

ec8f8661.jpg

This is the fun part:
c143d696.jpg

I've had lots of old vws over ther years, and buses are my fav, here's my last bay:
baaf741b.jpg

Really enjoying this form, and already feel welcome :)

Harlequin said:
Adam Foster said:
Hi I'm new here. Had my 71 Kombi for about 2 years now. Never actually driven it myself yet. Running out of steam with it now, especially after having bought a recon engine, and it going bang after 80 miles! Was hoping to get some support on here and maybe a kick up the arse. I'm ordering a brand new engine tomorrow as I really don't want to get bitten again. Trying to get pics up.

Welcome Adam...not much ass-kicking on Earlybay but you'll get plenty of enthusiastic encouragement ...but we need pics.
Where's the new engine coming from ? if from VWHeritage speak to Alex hes on here & works at VWH could get a bit of discount :)

Thanks. Yes it is ordered from VW heritage. Ended up getting a 1641 as I wanted the engle cam for a little more torque. I may have managed to blag a little discount. :p

Not figured out how small I need to make pics yet and only got Internet back today, so will try and make an effort this week.

EarlyBay said:
Say hello here on this thread ...
Hi I`m new to this and i`ve just brought my first 72 camper, and just started removing everthing so i can get it dipped so i can see what welding it needs.

Any advice would be gratefull :)

Hi, just signed up. Brought our first camper. Looking forward to our 1st show/ meet

Here she is;

3cdf6c8c.jpg

Hello all...!!!

I have been lurking for quite a while now. I really enjoy the site and appreciate how everyone seems to get along with out the stupidness on that "other" site.

I have been doing the air cooled VW thing since high school (so I wont say how old I am but my 20 year reunion was a few years ago...). I've owned several bus', several bugs and a notch.

Here are a couple pix -

My 1st car for my 16th B-Day was given to me by my grand mother. It was one that was just like this one. This one is not mine, just saw it at a local show and I do not have any pix of mine and really regret selling it
IMG_1605.JPG

The day I bought my '71 Westy back in '92
scan0001.jpg

My '65 Bug at a local show a bunch of years ago. Sold...
AQ160289.JPG

My '67 I had to sell after the divorce from the 1st wife...hated doing that, I cried more when it left then when the EX left...
P1000028-2.JPG

Loading up the '71 Deluxe I bought after it had sat right there in a field in south east Colorado for over 20 years...
P1010749.JPG

My dad, my son and me with the Deluxe
DSC_4142.JPG

Just signed up... Also on the samba I have a 72 crossover. So am now on this and tlb..

Hope this is ok

A big Hiya and WELCOME to all the nooo peeps, I`ve been known to pop over to some of the other sites as well from time to time, especially when a bit of research is required or looking for seeds of ideas to try and make something different :roll: If we disappear offf the face of the earth for any reason ,,, Earlybay that is,, not us personally :mrgreen: You can usually find us as refugees over on the LateBay and visa versa. So a great big hello and thanks for the piccys :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, There`s always room for more piccys though !! :lol: ;) :lol:

Hi all ,

Another newcomer to the world of early bays. I don't have a bus yet but an actively seeking a Westy Early Bay. Funds are secured and I am trawling web sites such as kleft and klock, the samba, eBay etc but would greatly appreciate any advice or help that comes along. I would also like to get in touch with groups / fellow VDubbers in and around the Newcastle area .....
Look forward to hearing from you all :D

Hello and welcome to you and your search for a nice Early Bay, hope it don`t take too long. Go for as rust free as you can and anything else is fairly easily sorted ;) I`m certain there`s a fair few Early Bayers up your way and you might want to have a look around the clubs on here, maybe put up a post maybe on general aas to dubbers up your neck of the woods. Just as well we`re on a forum because I probably wouldn`t understand you in real life with your Northern Drawl and me with my little tractor driver accent (Bristol) :lol: So good luck with the search and be welcome be very very welcome and join in, and maybe some of the peeps on here may have some suggestions as to good busses up your way . :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, So hurry up and get one and send us some piccys :lol: ;) :lol:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and campervans too!

Just bought a Californian Westy and am excitedly learning everything I can about them!

Ours is a 1970 Westy, looks totally original inc the paint by the look of it!

Anyway, time for a read...

Zinzan

Zinzan said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and campervans too!

Just bought a Californian Westy and am excitedly learning everything I can about them!

Ours is a 1970 Westy, looks totally original inc the paint by the look of it!

Anyway, time for a read...

Zinzan

Hi and welcome,

Ozzie will be along in a mo but I thought I'd nip in here, :msn4:

Any pictures :D

Shaun

A big apology from me, as I don't come on to this part of the forum too often.
So a massive "welcome" to all the new guys and good look with all your vans. Remember, no question is a stupid one and as Ozzie has said, WE LIKE PICTURES!!!

Hi All!

Welcome along to the forum, put your feet up, grab a cider/beer/tea/whatever have a good mooch around and get some pics up of your new rides on the gallery - we luv pics!

Cheers!

Alistair

So,,,,,,,,, Zinzan ????????????? Where does that come from ?? A great name and a cool sounding bus too. Get some piccys up as soon as you can :mrgreen: As the rest of the gang will tell you,,,,,,,,,,,,,We loves, no ,,,LUUUUrrrves them piccys. A big old welcome as well :mrgreen: Seems like you timed it right for the summer too 8) Not gonna be about for a while, working away then another week away with no break but should be back in time for Plymfest :p

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Might be nicer with no one rattling on about piccys all the time :lol: ;) :lol:

Hi all
Having owned a few VW buses over the yrs i have just entered Early bay ownership so thought i better sign up !
Here it is casper the california 71 deluxe
casper02.jpg

casper01.jpg

Staying OG going to be used as a rolling showroom for my Kustom interiors,
http://WWW.BUSBOX.CO.UK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is the sort of stuff i do,for peeps who want somthing a little bit different
bodhibuspic.jpg

521871_213575645422508_100003102229651_342373_582216548_n-1.jpg

523224_213575882089151_100003102229651_342376_1901728667_n-1.jpg

485833_213576622089077_100003102229651_342386_376202414_n.jpg

63 split 11 window resto by http://www.borderrestoration.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which is where i work when im not doing interiors!
Cheers [email protected]

Hi Everybody,

We got my early bay at the end of last year and have been using this great site to work out how to do stuff on it, so thought I should probably get round to saying hello and posting a photo.

IMG_1507.jpg

We've just had the interior done by Mark Lightfoot at http://www.vwcamperinteriors.co.uk/index.html who has done an excellent job, so just have a few more jobs to do before we can take her out for our first camping trip.

It's all very exciting!

Stuart

Latest posts