New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Ive not got on this bit for a while, a a MASSIVE HELLO to all the newbies.
:party0003: :party0003: :party0003:

Welcome newbies 8)
The crewcab sounds interesting - pics?? :mrgreen:

Also have a question for Blackivory - i have a cali westy , and the californian registration slip!
What if any info on the bus's past history could i find out, about previuos owners etc! Sorry to ask but havnt had much result this side of the pond so far!
;) :mrgreen:

simo said:
Welcome newbies 8)
The crewcab sounds interesting - pics?? :mrgreen:

Also have a question for Blackivory - i have a cali westy , and the californian registration slip!
What if any info on the bus's past history could i find out, about previuos owners etc! Sorry to ask but havnt had much result this side of the pond so far!
;) :mrgreen:

Hi Simo

The best answer I can give you is to contact the California Department of Motor Vehicle. They keep history of the vehicle up to 10 years. The catch is, you have to pay. You knows the drill in this country (USA) :?

blackivory69 said:
Hello everybody. I'm a newbie living in the USA, Southern California to be exact. Although I owned a couple of VW before this is my first time acquiring a 1970 Crew Cab. It doesn't have a name yet and it's a project. It's been hit on the front. It's not running yet but I will try to put it on the road as soon as possible. It will be my daily driver. I currently own a 66 Bug Convertible as well. :D

Here's a couple of photos:

/quote]

Hello & welcome (and to all others above!)

double cab looks very nice - like the baby moon hubcaps :)

lard said:
Hello & welcome (and to all others above!)

double cab looks very nice - like the baby moon hubcaps :)

Hi lard

It looks good from the back but the front looks like a mess. It was in an accident that the previous owner replaced the whole front. And according to my friend it needs some more welding and a lot of body work. To tell you the truth I haven't seen the DC yet in person coz I'm out of the country on vacation. So I purchased the vehicle with the help of my friend. I believed the transaction went well because that's the front of my house on the photo. :D But I still need to deal with the dreaded DMV (Dept of Motor Vehicle) for transfer of title when I get back. :roll: I liked the moon hubcaps too so I might keep the wheels like that for a while. I have all 4 of them. If the chrome is shot I might paint it white. :D
Now the question is, should I lower it or not? Remember this is going to be my daily driver. Decision, decision. Hayyyyyyy :|

Cool project, really like a Double Cab. Have to get me one those someday.
My bus is lowered with dropped spindles. It's not extremely low and still very comfortable and good to use as a daily driver.

Resto-raider said:
Cool project, really like a Double Cab. Have to get me one those someday.
My bus is lowered with dropped spindles. It's not extremely low and still very comfortable and good to use as a daily driver.

Hi Resto,

Could you please tell me what's the drop inch of your dropped spindle? Is it 2.5 or 3.5"? I think I'm going on your route. I'll dropped it only a couple of inch. I don't wanna go so low coz ill be hailing things on this bugger :D

Hi.
I'm new here, recently joined to find an early bay, which I've now done, bought on Thursday from Robster on here ( cheers Rob ;) ) .

Cheers!

Hi guys been lurking around on here for a while now

Picking up an early bay on Friday which I've hired from retro campers in Northampton. Going to take it Isle of Wight for a week

Seriously thinking about buying an early bay but would have to sell my current toy first ! 2010 focus rs

Hello everyone I am a newbee, although I have had bays in the past it has been over 15 years since the last one..... wish I had kept it :D Anyway... now back in tinkersvill with a 70 westy. Will post some pics as soon as I can work out how???

Welcome to the forum - post pics by uploading them to photobucket and pasting the file here!

Easy! Get some pics up :lol:

hello !
set yourself up a photobucket account , upload your pics to it and find the thread on here somewhere on how to upload it, its really easy.(just look for the IMG code to the right of the pic and left click on that, will copy the details) then when you've written your thread click on "preview " at the bottom, before submit and you can see what it will look like, look forward to seeing them.
8)

set yourself up a photobucket account , upload your pics to it and find the thread on here somewhere on how to upload it, its really easy.(just look for the IMG code to the right of the pic and left click on that, will copy the details) then when you've written your thread click on "preview " at the bottom, before submit and you can see what it will look like, look forward to seeing them.
8)[/quote]
Great ... thanks. Can only seem to get little pics? http://mobth1318.photobucket.com/albums/t648/matsui132/th_photo7678x678_zps49b6bf6e.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doing some DIY at the mother in laws.... so decided to give "Fergus" some sunshine :roll: soon realised tho that I could not reverse onto the drive as the front bumper started kissing the tarmac.

morning all.good manners dictates an intro,often lacking on many sites ;)
I donty have a bay but used to run the bodyshop of a main dealer when they were current :D so know my way round them and looking back i never appreciated the simple pleasure of going to stores and helping myself to genuine parts......i can dream now,
what im looking for initially are threads of restos, no disrespect but initially im after proffesional ones with detail showing the work on going , not so interested in paint side but fabrication,
yes i know i can trawl through the gallery but it really would help if you point me in the direction as you guys know them best
cheers mm

Hi All,
I would like to introduce our 1971, Early Bay, Devon. Alice
We are new to the forum and as you can see she is very much a work in progress!
From what i can see you are a great bunch of people and we hope we can call on your expertise! (which is more than likely to happen! :shock:)

B, K & A

Latest posts