New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is how we bought Jenny just over a month ago, every weekend for the past month we have been welding.
She is well on her way with lots of new panels and parts, will upload new pics this weekend with progress report.

Attachments

• camper2.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 982
  • camper5.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 983
I don't think I introduced myself yet... so here goes...

I live in the Chicago, IL suburbs and recently purchased a 1971 Deluxe Transporter. I belong to a VW club in the area (http://www.harshwintersvw.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and have been working on getting my bus on the road over the last couple of months.

Here she is:
6.jpg

Here is my restoration thread... pleanty of pics in here:

http://www.harshwintersvw.com/smf1/index.php?topic=3827.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope to have her on the road sometime toward the end of June.

I'm really loving this site (earlybay.com)... thanks!!!

Tim

Hi Guys,

Just joined, from Somerset area.

We currently have a T25 thats about to be put up for sale and next on the shopping list is an early bay :D ,i will probably be annoying you all with some questions over the next few weeks ;)

I think i will have about £8k to spend, maybe a bit more for something real special, will this sort of budget get me a reasonable one?? as some that have been appearing are silly money in the region of £12k.

I will be looking for preferably a righthand drive with poptop with space for a 2 bar roofrack at the front, possibly with camping interior but not essential as good bodywork and engine really on the agenda.

Cheers for now

Simon

welcome guys and hi jenny, i sent a link to the history thread with some excellent pics of a near perfect moonraker 8)

Hello everyone i thought i'd better introduce myself. I've been lurking on here for about 3 years now and actually saw noras advert on here in the for sale sectionhttp://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1614. We got our bus in 2007 from RAVW, she is an Australian import 1969 microbus. Since getting her we've had the engine rebuilt by JH engines (RIP) and i've fitted OG front arches and OG front panel bought from FBI. The original arches had more filler than Halfords and the front panel was bubbleing along both A-posts and the bottom was rotten. I built the interior myself and the seats where sourced from a Rover 800 coupe. Anyway heres a few pictures i hope you like her, we do.
nora001.jpg

Taken at a little site about 2 miles from Warwick last week.
Picture549.jpg

This was taken in Cornwall last year. The awning is a Westfalia one for a T25 and cost £56 off Evilbay.

hey folks ,

been on the vzi for a few years but thought bout time i signed up for here

Here's mine
bus%20at%20cashellsmall.JPG

72 crossover tintop ,part westy interior ,914 seats,1776 twin carbs ,red 9 upfront and 1 spline out back

Hellooo All

Just picked up my first air cooled and its an Early Bay 1971 1600, and feeling rather pleased with myself actually. It was a case of out with the new and in with the old as I swapped my T4 conversion for this with a guy called Phil from Bradford, thanks Phil, enjoy the T4!

DSC01790.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

DSC01783.jpg

DSC01782.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

DSC01780.jpg

DSC01778.jpg

DSC01777.jpg

I might be asking you all a few stupid questions in the near future but please bear with me!

Cheers all

Greg

Hello
Newbie here. :D
No bus yet, :oops: but hoping to get one by the end of the year. I am a chronic over researcher, so I am here to soak up lots of info from you bunch and hopefully make a wise choice when it comes to buying.

Any help/info/tips will be great because I really am a novice.

Off to have a good nosy round and hopefully in not too long I'll be posting snaps of my own (after all six months or so will speed by right?)

Thanks
x :p

Hey all, I've been on here for a little while and still haven't said 'Hello' so hello to everyone.
Good luck No Eye Dear - I recently experienced the hunt, you have to get in there quick!
Wow! ghop99 - you got the better end of the deal in my opinion!
P1010147.jpg

Hi, thought I would say hello as I'm new to the site.
I have a72 dormobile owned for the last 7 years ,done some work on her new engine clutch brakes , all the usual
maintanance .I have just retrimed the interior units and fitted a hot start relay , I need a good run to test it out.

well thought i would say hi, been on here lurking for a while, owning a late bay :msn4:

sold that today and pick up my early bay in about 4 hours so i can be a real member

Pete

Hello only just found this site so thought I would say Hi. I've got three VW's at the moment, 1970 semi auto bug, 1967 Karmann Ghia ( resto) and my 1972 Bay. Before I put some pictures up of the bay I should explain.
I got the Bay about ten years ago and it was my first vw (mini's before), used it for a year and then failed it's mot badly and was told to cut it up for parts . Took no notice and decided to get it back road worthy; that's when I saw the baysplit kit and put it on :oops: . I used it then for a few years and hated it so then took it off the road and changed it again.
Some people hate it, some love it, but the way I look at it is it looks better than being cut up for parts.
untitled.jpg

27122007132-2.jpg

Feb1cruise209.jpg

S8300488.jpg

Hello to everyone of the new crew! come in settle down and enjoy the way of the earlybay 8) ask any questions and im sure you will find the answer ;)

Hey lowlight fans, i have a passion for kombi's (DER!), I've seen these really cool kombi graphics at the bottom of some peoples post. (Kombi Custmizer), which might be there future kombi or there's ?? Can anyone tell me if there is a website or a link to create these on ? I really wanna create my own

Cheers :D

P.S I got a 1968 Camper.

Hi EarlyBayers. Been scanning the forums for a couple of months now. Finally taken the plunge - picking up my '68 Westy Continental in 4 weeks . It's in the process of a full bare metal resto at the moment.
Got LOADS of questions for you lot. Will be posting soon.

Cheers Rob.

Hi Guys & Girls,
I thought I would come on here and introduce myself as I joined a couple of weeks ago and have already put a couple of posts on. Firstly, what a great site, and it is really nice to have so many people out there to offer helpful advice and tips... :D

I am a real car enthusiast and have always been into classic VWs but have never owned one myself as of yet, although I have grown up with family members and friends having them. I have spent a lot time owning and modifying cars, including a 1965 Mk1 Mini with my father and more recently a couple of E30 BMWs, one of which I am finishing for the PBMW race series.

However, now I am hoping to achieve my ambition of buying and owning a bus for the first time to attend shows and use for camping trips, holidays etc. Bear with me as there is still a lot I've got to learn on buses, so be prepared to be inundated with questions...

Thanks,

James

Hi James,welcome to the forum,don't worry about the questions,just ask away,you'll find a freindly bunch of people here always willing to help out. :D

Hi all,

We're recent new owners of a 1968 Westy tintop. (photos shortly to be uploaded to gallery).

This site and others has been invaluable during our search for the right bus. The spirit of the VW air cooled community is a very welcome added bonus to owning such an iconic classic.

We're still getting used to the reactions of people, what is it about these things that make so many people smile and wave as you drive by?

Looking forward to meeting some of you at as many shows as we can get to...

Andy & Gillian

Latest posts