New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone,

I have a 1972 Dormobile that I've had for 15 years. /Users/Johnny/Desktop/DSCF0008.jpg

JohnnyH said:
Hello everyone,

I have a 1972 Dormobile that I've had for 15 years. /Users/Johnny/Desktop/DSCF0008.jpg

Hi and welcome - to get pictures up on the site you need to upload them to something like photobucket.com and then link from there.

Cheers
Andy

Hi thought id pop in and say hello :) been lurking on here for while now anyways ive just bought a 69 ex fire panel so pics up soon,oh yeah id just like to say great site keep up the good work 8)

Hello! My name is Sergio. I am a first generation yank. My parents are from Mexico. Anyway, I'm heavily into AC/VWs. If I had the money and space, I'd have a whole inventory. Well I'm a proud owner of a 67 bug and 71 doka. I'm very glad to have found this forum and look forward to meeting some great peeps and getting tech advice and ideas for my doka. Thank you for letting me join! :mrgreen: I spent four years in East Anglia from 00-04, so I can appreciate a nice pint and good fish'n chips! I'm currently living in Spain and will be here until 2013. Then hopefully off to Hawaii (Air Force C-17 crew chief). Here's some pix of my rides:

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

IMG_0500-2.jpg

sergsbug.jpg

Hi all, new to the forum looking for my early camper, joined to get insider tips and hopefully find myself a lil gem

Cheers

hi all! iv been a mamber for a while but never said hi till now! my bay resto seemed to take all my spare time but was worth it and is the best thing iv ever had the pleasure of owning! i hope to get some pics up soon but my computer skills are not great so may take a while :p

lowlightloco said:
Hello! My name is Sergio. I am a first generation yank. My parents are from Mexico. Anyway, I'm heavily into AC/VWs. If I had the money and space, I'd have a whole inventory. Well I'm a proud owner of a 67 bug and 71 doka. I'm very glad to have found this forum and look forward to meeting some great peeps and getting tech advice and ideas for my doka. Thank you for letting me join! :mrgreen: I spent four years in East Anglia from 00-04, so I can appreciate a nice pint and good fish'n chips! I'm currently living in Spain and will be here until 2013. Then hopefully off to Hawaii (Air Force C-17 crew chief). Here's some pix of my rides:

DSC_0014.jpg

Bienvenido Sergio , I am also Mexican living in San Diego , CA and been around this site for a few years now , friendly people and great advice.
Love your Doka , I would like to get my hands on one of those , hopefully soon.
Saludos.

Evenin' guys and gals...

just a quick hello from me, names Ian, and im in Lancashire...
from wanting a camper from a young age, seeing my first on a holiday to Newquay, im finally able to look for my very first bay camper..

I have to say im very jealous of all the buses on here, a credit to everyone, and i hope i can soon join in the fun with my partner and start to experience the camper scene..
off for another read, i'll apologise for all the questions in advance..

Ian. 8)

Bienvenido Sergio , I am also Mexican living in San Diego , CA and been around this site for a few years now , friendly people and great advice.
Love your Doka , I would like to get my hands on one of those , hopefully soon.
Saludos.

Muchas Gracias piasano... bueno, no piasano pero en espíritu! jajaja

I hope to get some good tech advice and what ever else I might be able to get a long the way. Do you have any pix or link of pix to your ride? Stay in touch homey!

Orale! Un saludo!

Hi there, just making my maiden voyage onto EarlyBay. I've got a 1972 Mircobus (now converted to a basic camper inside), a 1962 Notchback, two 1970 Beetles (one of which is currently being built up as a drag racer) and my latest purchase is a 1972 ex-Swedish double cab. I'll pop some pictures up in the gallery!

Cheers! 8)

Hi all

Just thought I would say HI!

My name is Craig and go by the forum name of "outoftheblueintothenight" on most forums I use but "outoftheblueintothe" on this one as my forum name is tooooooo long!

Anyway - I recently (November last Year) Sold my Splittie and have been air cooled ' less since although I do drive a T5 daily

long story short I have my eye on a 70-71 Bay so I may just be joining your ranks very soon!

Hi

1st post :shock: We own a 1972 pop top, its stock UK RHD with an 1800cc engine, documented 64K miles from new, original paint and never welded. My wife always wanted one, I was dead against it at first, but they get under the skin. What makes our bus slightly unusual is its a Richard Holdsworth conversion, with the solid colour (orange on ours) over the ivory white.

We'll be taking the bus down to Cornwall in August and heading down to the Cornwall VW Owners Club Jamboree so hope to see you there - can't wait . Slight snag is the kids broke the indicator stalk, and it seems the replacement for our crossover are as rare as hens teeth!

Hi,
just bought a 72 tintop,its still in USA due here Sept,new to the scene,own a merc vito camper,but has no soul will be sold shortly, went for this instead.Dont know alot about restoration so i will be begging for your expert knowledge.cheers for now

Shaggy

SANY0086.jpg

Hi all
This is my first post so be gentle! :shock:
Picked up my first vw- a ex californian 69 westy on sat.
drove it home from dudley to colchester and that was an experiance !! Went well tho i'm happy to report but i did join the AA for backup lol! It has a lpg conversion too which is lucky as it seems juicier than i imagined.
I apologise in advance for the questions but am a total novice vw wise :oops:
cheers
simo

Hello Everyone

Just came over from the samba to see whats going on over here!
You guys have some pretty intense looking bays!
Here's a picture of my bus from a recent show!
(thanks to fellow member LEEP)

LastRoll-27.jpg

simo said:
Hi all
This is my first post so be gentle! :shock:
Picked up my first vw- a ex californian 69 westy on sat.
drove it home from dudley to colchester and that was an experiance !! Went well tho i'm happy to report but i did join the AA for backup lol! It has a lpg conversion too which is lucky as it seems juicier than i imagined.
I apologise in advance for the questions but am a total novice vw wise :oops:
cheers
simo

get some pictures up, id love to see the conversion and where the space was used for the tank etc. 59p a litre is tempting.

No worries mate will take some pics at the weekend and will try and get them posted up!

Hello people, fairly new to earlybay and finally got time post a couple of pics up. Bought my van a couple of months ago, got plenty of plans but nothing to fund them with :( but, 'Rome wasnt built in a day' :)
Ive tidied it up a little since these shots, reupholstered rear seats, and generally give it a bloody good clean.
Looking forward to my first weekend experience at Whitenoise as I live locally (if im not working :x ) Enjoy the pics, comments are welcomed :)

Bt9UZgBWkKGrHqYH-CQEvd0OlGrKBL-T82PMe_121.jpg

Bt9UtdQBWkKGrHqMH-D0EvrCd2znsBL-T8khW5Q_121.jpg

Bt9Ujhg2kKGrHqYH-DIEvy1BY6CBL-T77CvJw_121.jpg

Latest posts