New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got it home. Destination says Netherlands on the M Code
d2a3d373.jpg

1a6958e3.jpg

083fbfeb.jpg

ea3968d6.jpg

8c5f9171.jpg

two kinds of netting?
07b9b996.jpg

8de3a848.jpg

Now I cant wait to get it on the road, but that may take some time and effort, great shape but still been sitting for 15 years..... thanks for any help. I have two M Codes it has unknown, is there a place to decode those numbers?

kitcarson said:
Well I got it home. Destination says Netherlands on the M Code
d2a3d373.jpg

1a6958e3.jpg

083fbfeb.jpg

ea3968d6.jpg

8c5f9171.jpg

two kinds of netting?
07b9b996.jpg

8de3a848.jpg

Now I cant wait to get it on the road, but that may take some time and effort, great shape but still been sitting for 15 years..... thanks for any help. I have two M Codes it has unknown, is there a place to decode those numbers?

Hi there nice bus :D try clicking on the m code decoder in my signature and see if that site helps you, the netting looks like a westie rear tailgate mozzie net :D

Shaun

Hi All
I am a week into my first camper ownership and already been on here loads.
Its a 68 westy with an interior that needs finishing, but bodywork is ok and engine seems ok so far.
Work on the long list of little jobs starts here............

After having a look around thought it was about time to sign and say hi

For my sins i drive a 71 lhd bus and live just outside Northampton

Hey all,

I'm Steve from Germany and currently working on my 71 Westy. Initial Plan was to lower and drive it. But somehow it turned out a full restoration. Luckily only minor body works are necessary...

20111113113346.jpg

Already got a lot of inspiration from this great forum...

Welcome along to all the new peeps from all over :mrgreen: Nice of you to join us in this sundrenched summer :lol: :lol: (might be nice this weekend, fingers crossed) Any of you off to Dubs At The Castle ?? If so , then see you there ;) And if not,,,,,,,,,,,, then we`ll be sure to catch up on here.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Well one piccy is better than none I spose :lol: Where`s the hint hint smiley :lol: :roll: :lol:

Hello everyone!

I'm glad that yesterday after a long time searching for the right bus, me and my wife collected our 69 westy and I can now post as a proud owner!

Hi peeps. Dicky here, who a number of you already know. For info mines on the late bay side of being a cross dresser (Late 72)[img

Thought I'd pop back and say hello again. I was hailfrank but bought a blue musacbag to keep warm in and got renamed on Tlb so made sense to change name here too.

Hi earlybayers, thought I'd say hi and hopefully get some advice. Names Marc and I live in the UK. I've just brought my first camper and she's a 69 bay. She needs alot of work and I'm just trying to get advice on where would be a good place to start. She's been sitting outside the guys house I brought it from for 7 years! So you can imagine the state. I have ripped her original interior out as it was all totally rotten. Shame really. I've given it a scrub and made it look a bit more presentable. Basically what would you guys crack on with first? Weld work...seals...engine? Just want to know a good direction to move in first. Any advice would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg

Bay69 said:
Hi earlybayers, thought I'd say hi and hopefully get some advice. Names Marc and I live in the UK. I've just brought my first camper and she's a 69 bay. She needs alot of work and I'm just trying to get advice on where would be a good place to start. She's been sitting outside the guys house I brought it from for 7 years! So you can imagine the state. I have ripped her original interior out as it was all totally rotten. Shame really. I've given it a scrub and made it look a bit more presentable. Basically what would you guys crack on with first? Weld work...seals...engine? Just want to know a good direction to move in first. Any advice would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1024.jpg
Hi!

Welcome to EB! - first advise would be to start up a resto thread for your bus, peeps can then take a good look and you can update with progress - my advice would be to do as you have, get it all stripped back to fully check bodywork and get them sorted in the right order - from looking i would concentrate on the welding first, drop the engine out as part of the stripdown so you can also clean up the engone bay and sort engine offline

Oh - and lovely patina in the paintwork! Id try and keep that lovely faded paint

look forward the the posts!

Hi all. I've had my '72 for nigh on 7 1/2 years now and finally got it on the road a few weeks ago :D

I've had a thread on another forum (VWKD) http://www.vwkd.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=125&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=72 for the build as I've fitted a watercooled lump in it. Thought it was about time I joined a slightly livelier forum now shes almost done.

Have a pic of her out on the open road
Nicpic1.JPG

Cheers bud, enjoyed Lazy Sunday today, shame I was too late to get on the club stand though eh!

Latest posts