New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome fella nice to see the young blood coming through....

£1000....get the christmas prezzies rolling in ....

I'd advise trying to get in sooner than later as the prices are starting to rise on the quality busses..

Saying that a good useable vehicle can still be got for under £3K just gen up on what you need to look out for there are some shockers out there and some shocking people selling........

What I believe I'm going to be looking for is any T2 model with a sound engine/electrics. If I find that early enough for the right price, I can do interior and paint later on in my own time, even working on it before I learn to drive. I'd rather have the bus, work on it and not drive it, than have a license and no bus. But for now just saving and learning. Thanks for the warm welcome and I'll see ya around the forum.

Adam

Adam Gough said:
I'm a first year 6th form student studying biology, chemistry, psychology and critical thinking.

Wlecome Adam and agree with Aaron.

But surely, the critical thinking is showing you that these things are money pits :wink:

Welcome to all you new guys, you've picked a great site to join.

Good luck with the saving Adam & like gninnam says prepare to spend & spend some more.

Hi Adam - nice to have some young blood join up! I'm sure you'll find the bus you want for the right money, there are still some bargains out there so keep saving and you'll have one before you know it! Might be worth asking for some tools & welding gear for christmas!!!

;)

Justin & Mutley said:
Might be worth asking for some tools & welding gear for christmas!!!

;)

Bit early days for that. Getting a VW Camper and Bus subscription from my parents and to be honest I wouldn't know what tools to ask for, maybe a chat for another day.

Adam Gough said:
Justin & Mutley said:
Might be worth asking for some tools & welding gear for christmas!!!

;)

Bit early days for that. Getting a VW Camper and Bus subscription from my parents and to be honest I wouldn't know what tools to ask for, maybe a chat for another day.

That's fair enough - if you come across tools at your local boot sale remember that you'll need metric (mm) not imperial (inches).

Getting a subscription is a great idea! 8)

;)

Hello,

I'm new in here but not new to bays. although only had a 72 then a 73 before so new to the really early stuff.

I've just imported a 68 deluxe tin top from Texas so it's quite likely I'll have a question or 2 soon.

Saraj said:
Hello,

I'm new in here but not new to bays. although only had a 72 then a 73 before so new to the really early stuff.

I've just imported a 68 deluxe tin top from Texas so it's quite likely I'll have a question or 2 soon.

Welcome.

Well you're in the right place to get questions answered sensibly.

Hi all,
I'm new to this site as well forums etc, so bear with me.
Not new to VWs and rust though. For twentysomething years I ran my own restoration business until I got an offer I couldn't refuse! NOW I have time to see to my own vehicles. I have a 67 panel which has been my workhorse since 84. Now I find it may be the oldest UK spec bay known. (August 23 '67 on the Mplate) It has worked hard all its life and is now getting a thorough working refit, I wouldn't call it a restoration, I hope she'll be back on the road before Christmas. I've been without her for nearly two years - how goes anybody live without a van?
Great to see such enthusiasm and knowledge displayed, I hope to meet many of you around.
Piccies will follow for anyone who's interested.

Hello :D Finally we're getting a bus after thinking about it for years. It's a 1970 tintop, needing plenty of work, but will be MoT'd by the time we collect it next weekend. Can't wait to get it! :shock:

Well done on joining the cult and the van looks like an interesting project :D

Hi, my name is Adriaan Pienaar and I am from South Africa. I have just bought a running 1971 Deluxe Bus with a factory sunroof (yes, it leaks), which I will probably use as a daily driver after fixing up some minor things. I am very excited about this Forum, since I am a big Early Bay Bus fan. Had a bad accident with my Buggy a month ago, so I haven't done any work on my Bus so far, but going back to work next week and should get to the Bus as well then. Will post some pics later. In the meanwhile, the story of my Buggy accident and pictures here for those interested :shock:
:arrow: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=263414&highlight=

(In spite of my bad luck,I want another Buggy ASAP :wink: . It will be towed behind my Bus on long journeys!)

Latest posts