New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rich,, sounds like a good move :mrgreen: If you likes Earlies then you may have to forget about liking brakes :shock: OR maybe the crossover could be the one for you :mrgreen: Oh and three mahooooosive welcomes in advance, one for thinking about it,, one for getting one,, and one for joining the smoothest forum on the planet :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Who needs brakes anyhooooooo :lol: ;) :lol:

Hi all, This is frod, our 71 bay that has seen better days but is going to get loads of attention over the next 12 months. http://s1363.photobucket.com/user/Frod66/media/camper-removalvan004_zps0358486c.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We've owned Frod since 97. A friend with a splity introduced us to frod, which we think had been sitting in a garden for the previous five years.It had been used to pull a boat for some time and one cylinder had blown. The owner fixed the engine but couldn't make his mind up whether to convert the van to diesel or not. So it sat there in limbo. Many holidays and bay trips later Frod has become part of our family......much like a large dog with a chewing problem. You have to keep paying out but you'd never get rid. The name? Well my daughter was very young and we'd just got it back from being sprayed. It had been orange and white. The first thing my daughter said when she saw it was....."It's green like a FROD" she meant frog but the name stuck.

Now how many people are gonna read that and say AAaahhhh ! So welcome to you and your gang and Frod the bus, a great intro is that one ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I didn`t say AAaahhhh !!!! well maybe just a little :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Thanks Ozziedog, I've been on here a while but just reading other people's posts. Nice to see other people's vans/ buses.

Hi All, I am just about to buy a LHD 1971 VW tintop so I wanted to say hi. Deal all agreed, just waiting the wheels turning and my bus turning up at Southampton Docks in a few weeks or so. What to do until then?

Hello bay owners

My name is Gustav, I come from Denmark and is not exactly new to vw´s or busses either.
My first memories of cars were of being a passenger in my grandfathers split and early bay panelvans. He eventually gave me his last car - a 1970 bug which is still in my 6-car aircooled "collection" today.
Since then I have been tinkering with anything from a split window bug to type 34 and late model 412s during a course of 20 years.

Some of you might know me from Ninove where me and my friend Peter have taken the 2200 km. trip for the last three years in my type34 - the last in my friends splitbus. This is where I got the yearning for an early bay. I looked at various forums for a 1971 westy - old look and new brakes, I thought. My splitbus has latebay underpinnings which I always liked. But they all were to expensive or across the big pond which means big tax/transport expenses if you live in Denmark.

One day I came to think about some old friends that in 1998 drove an orange and white late bay to 1 meeting only to put it away in storage and I contacted them. It turned out it was still sitting very near to my house. I was lucky enough to meet the bloke with the storage unit at an car show and asked about the car. I told him that I actually wanted a low light bay. "Then buy the green one instead, I have to busses sitting doing nothing". First coming saturday we drove to the storageunit. Sure enough to busses sat there. The green one turned out to be a 1972 crossover "Poba Camper" which is a pretty rare danish conversion.

Just recently becoming a dad to my first child, finding a camper is perfect. I hope you will welcome me to the forum and help me embrassing another branch of my life long addiction to vdubs.

Gustav

That sounds a pretty rare conversion Gustav,, and you had a lucky find it would seem. Good luck with it and get some pictures up so we can have a little perusal of this rare beasty. It goes without saying that we welcome all to the Early Bay forum and we welcome you even more!!!!! if you post pictures :lol:
d4nes,, I bet you can`t wait for the bus,, is it coming from abroad ??? You are excused pictures for the time being,,, but when it arrives,,,,,,,,, different story :mrgreen: So a mahooooosive welcome to both of you and lets see some more busses. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Did I mention the piccies ????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

hello,

I have recently bought a 71 bus which needs more work than i thought. Still, i love a good project...can anybody recommend a good bodyshop in cumbria?

Cheers
Alex

I've been lurking on here for a while so I thought I better say hello :)

I don't actually have an "early" bay, I have a late crossover which has a mish mash of early and late parts on it :lol:

Abit off topic i know put its the only way....im on tapatalk 2 for iphone but cannot figure out how to start a topic?, can obviously reply like this but not a clue to start one!!

Hi all. Great forum and helped me find my new bus, a 1971 Deluxe Microbus. Very cool indeed. Just need to add my finishing touches to my new pride and joy :D

Hi Big Deano,,
I don`t know about tappy talky things, but on my regular laptop there is a bit to click on at the top and the bottom of each page, one say`s new topic and the other says reply, I just click on whichever,,,, but that`s on my laptop and on my android phone, if that`s no help,, try and tag on a slightly similar thing on general where there will be a few smarter peeps with tappy talky things as well :mrgreen:
And Walshy1975,, great to know you like the forum and you gotta get some pics up so we can see your new charge :mrgreen: And wecome welcome welcome to the pair of you :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, Talking taps :roll: :roll: :roll: whatever next :lol: ;) :lol:

bigdeano said:
Abit off topic i know put its the only way....im on tapatalk 2 for iphone but cannot figure out how to start a topic?, can obviously reply like this but not a clue to start one!!

Same here

I use Tapatalk 2 on the iPhone...to start a topic, touch the head & shoulders icon in the top left which opens a menu/your accounts. Under Earlybay.com is a list, touch forums then this opens the forum headings. Choose the one you want then this opens another list, choose the forum you want... Top right you should see a box with 3 dots in, touch that and there should be the New Topic tab.... :shock: :alc: hope this helps :? :?:

Hi everybody.
Just joined today. Recommended by a friend.

Just really on here doing research before I take the plunge and buy my first T2 (unless I change my mind) later on this year.

From what I've seen so far some great advice and everyone seems friendly.

Look forward to speaking to you all.

Phil.
Cheshire.

hi all. been lurkin on here for quite some time. must be nearly a year. bought turtle off mattd on here back in sept last year and been having fun in it since. i live on the isle of wight so will bump into some of you at vdub island soon.sold my volksrod in the pic back in march cuz they wouldnt both fit in the garage.

islandrodder said:
hi all. been lurkin on here for quite some time. must be nearly a year. bought turtle off mattd on here back in sept last year and been having fun in it since. i live on the isle of wight so will bump into some of you at vdub island soon.sold my volksrod in the pic back in march cuz they wouldnt both fit in the garage.

Im off to IOW this Friday for the week. Off to White Cliff Bay, i shall keep my eye out for Turtle!

hey guys...

been here a short while but having just bought my EB I thought it was a good time to say hi...

just picked up a 69 Deluxe, its a project but its mega solid and very straight, has a sunroof which I really wanted. Its going to be while before its on the road but happy to take my time and do it justice, I guess I might open a resto thread in the coming weeks as I plan to document the build..

M code say built Feb 69, its a Cali import, not og paint but very old, needs arches replacing as they've been cut and a pair of cab floors, plans are to rebuild everything mechanical/electrical with brand new/rebuilt parts and have it on the road for next march time..

anyhoo heres a pic as of today, awaiting delivery this weekend.

1374604320.jpg

Latest posts