New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't undervalue yourself,silly banter is far better than nothing,...when i said bad names it was offensive name calling cos of a number of faults :oops:

Bay-low71 said:
Ozzie
Fair play you are like the guy that used to meet and greet the welsh folk at Brooklyn heights in Newport south wales when i was underage,?,?, with the glittery glove shaking everyone's hand welcoming everyone to the establishment...you are definitely part of the original furniture of earlybay.com with lots of patina....long may it continue!!! Nice one.. Ben

Well said - Ozzie is the first person most newbies encounter on here (poor buggers :lol: ;) )
No - really keep it up Oz, most of us forget to pop in here and welcome people in! Top job mate 8)

Oops! Got a bit giddy when I found this web site and announced my newbie-ship on the wrong thread :oops:

So - Hello out there!

Just purchased with my mate (joint effort) a part restored (primed body) 69 Kombi that was a Devon but is now a Tin Top because previous owner (who has done everything to a high standard - and that helps a lot!) wanted it that way. Have always liked the vans - I have owned in the past 4 Bugs and a Nova. I did restore one of the Bugs in 1996. Just completed (again with my mate) a nut and bolt restoration of a BMW Isetta 300 to show standard and wanted another project. So, erm..........hello (again).

Davydomes said:
Oops! Got a bit giddy when I found this web site and announced my newbie-ship on the wrong thread :oops:

So - Hello out there!

Just purchased with my mate (joint effort) a part restored (primed body) 69 Kombi that was a Devon but is now a Tin Top because previous owner (who has done everything to a high standard - and that helps a lot!) wanted it that way. Have always liked the vans - I have owned in the past 4 Bugs and a Nova. I did restore one of the Bugs in 1996. Just completed (again with my mate) a nut and bolt restoration of a BMW Isetta 300 to show standard and wanted another project. So, erm..........hello (again).

Hello! Welcome, so BMW isetta was definitely a vehicle that was thinking ahead of its time! - look forward to progress on your bus, have you started your build thread yet???

Hi Everyone

Just got Raymond a 71 Westy and just about to start a resto. It looks much worse in the flesh with an horrible paint job but otherwise is very original lol

Hello,

We just got our first bus yesterday, (the Red Hippy Bus or Ruby...not sure on a name yet) she needs a bit of work, but we can't believe we finally own one - Still dancing around the kitchen!

Just looking at that bus would make you dance around the kitchen for sure. I bet you can`t wait to go somewhere in him / her. How much work do you think is required ??? Leave the outside if you can as it looks 8) as. I just got back from Cornwall as we been on a bit of a tour down there for a week after the Jamboree in Stithians which I always thought was St Ithians :oops: Ozziedog must concentrate more. Perfect weather at the moment if you can get out in that red machine for the rest of the summer and start the fannying around till the winter 8) So welcome and hurry up and get that bus named, full of beer, and off to the coast somewhere :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, We got a few over your way as well :mrgreen:

Hi all,
Just joined the site.
I got a 1970 westy 2 weeks ago. It's a bit of a strange one. It has a 1983/4 vw golf GTI engine which has been LPG converted. It's also an import from Poland but has been in the UK over 10 years. I will post some pics later.

Drew

New one.....

Hi, I´am Stephen from the western Germany near the boarder to Netherland(so please forgive me spelling or grammar mistakes)....
I´am driving aircooled VWs since 10 years(Beetle, Karmann ghia 34) and since two years i´am proud to have an 70´s Westy!
i´ve spent my last two holidays with it. Last year in sweden and this year in italy.

It is till in original condition:
original paint
no welding done in the past, no welding need yet
interior looks awesome( nearly as no one ever put his ... on the seats)
bought with original 54320 miles from Kanada
pre owner have wrote an checklist what he´ve done all the years (for example: bought 7/89 from LA california 11000 miles, 12000 miles oil change, 13000 miles new sparks ......)

CIMG3920.JPG

CIMG3849.JPG

My plans for this winter, lowering about 2 and a bit splines in the back, adjustable frontaxle with split bus technics (drop spindles), Porsche 944 disk brake and 14" Fuchs all around

Hi everyone, my names Danny.
Just purchased my first ever van a 71 Tin top. Already in at the body shop getting a little bit of welding done and a full re spray inside and out. Here it is when purchased, sporting a hand brushed coat if red oxide paint!
4EB8393C-3249-4FAC-BC66-576C7C8F417B-41260-00000F80E979BF82_zpsb9c09901.jpg

20EA2B98-C4CC-41EA-B359-AD1ED05BA9CB-41260-00000F80D6A5256D_zps6bc19523.jpg

Hi there to you three,, Danny , Stephen and last but not least Hi there Drew. Massive welcome to you all and we really do mean a massive welcome to you. Don`t worry about your English or your grammar or your spelling, just worry about getting plenty of photos up :mrgreen: Now we are off to a brilliant start with some smashing looking busses complete with pictures. I would ask all of you NOT to feel like newbies, but just just join in straight away, ask any questions that you need answers to, and if you know anything or had stuff happen to you, just don`t be frightened to voice your point of view or opinion :msn4: This is possibly the most informal and friendly site you`ll come across with very little piss taking, well maybe a little, ok sometimes more :roll: But everything is in the best natured way. So pull up a chair if required or tackle something in your overalls,, just let us know what and how you are doing things.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Lots of loverly piccies,,, way hay hay !! :lol: ;) :lol:

Hi all. Many years after owning a 1302S have finally achieved ambition of getting a bus - A 72 Crossover Devon Moonraker. Needs tidying, including water proofing the roof, but really looking forward to working on her over the winter and getting out and about this summer. Thanks to the family for the support - but not sure who was more excited when "Betty" arrived !

Hello it's Bob here just joined and I am van less. On the look out for one and still making my mind up what to go for. I've had a beetle before and buggy in the making, fancied a van but I recon the other half would like windows in the back. Looking forward to drinking a cuppa tea in the early hours with a nice view whilst on a break sat in a van. Must be getting old :(

Just wanted to say hello and introduce Lulu. She is a 1971 Westy that we are having restored at the moment. Looking forward to the weekend as the spray should have been completed. :p

Just wanted to say hello and introduce Lulu. She is a 1971 Westy that we are having restored at the moment. Looking forward to the weekend as the spray should have been completed.

Hello Lulu - welcome from someone else who has recently joined - This is a great site for shared info/enthusiasm/banter.

Will you post a pick when painted?

Not far away from final prep for painting on our 1969 Tin Top ourselves and can't decide on a colour - Peppermnint Green is this weeks favourite :?

Hello, Thank you. Strangely enough I went and had a look today as well. I actually chose a colour from 1969 called Pacific Blue which is a light greeny blue. The top half will be a pale cream. Not sure how to post photos yet so will have to look. :D

Hi there to all the new peeps, and some of you have obviously fallen into the trap allready and trying to sort out a colour for your van :shock: Well good luck with that because most of us change our mind on a weekly basis and change it back again :roll: I wanted a lemony colour then I wanted cartoons then I wanted a beige,, etc etc etc, I ended up going back to the stock white he was originally :shock: But I am sporting leopard skin bumpers at the moment,,,,,,,, just for fun ;) I still keep changing my mind. Tells you how to post piccys on most of the pages with a `How To' thingy. Even I can do it, so it`s got to be fairly easy. So welcome , welcome, and welcome, enjoy the forum and get some piccies up pronto ;)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,, Did I say `WELCOME ' :p :mrgreen: :p

Hello everyone. My name is Kevin and I come from Malta. I've been going trough the forum for a while now, and finally decides to make an account and show you my van :D Great site, but most of all great people :) looking fowrad to make freinds with you.[photobucket] [/photobucket]

Latest posts