New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone, thank you for adding me - tipping my toe into finally getting to own some kind of cool bay window soon!

I've always wanted a bay window, but I like high tops as opposed to the normal westy pop tops so I'm bringing in my own Adventurewagon from the states soon enough through a friend of the family! :p :p
I like to source my own stuff that someone in the UK hasn't had yet, and as my full time job is doing that anyway it doesn't prove too hard to do!

Looks like a really cool place to hang out, hopefully when it's here it won't be long before I can get it on the road and get out there and use it and go to some shows with the kids.

Anyway just thought I'd say hi, hopefully see you soon enough!

Lee 8)

Hi Dixon from South Africa, new to the site but not to Vw

Own a '59 Beetle, '70 Westfalia, '75 Fleetline split panel van

65e8225f-3462-4ebc-8f28-6c27142afc68_zpsa9f7297c.jpg

Hi Dixon,, That`s a brilliant start to intro yourself to the forum with a smashing picture like that. Starting to get quite a few from South Africa on here now which is brilliant, also from all over the known world :mrgreen: You guys seem to suffer a lot less with the dreaded little brown tin worm over there ,, so I was surprised to see so much rain in your snap, or is it a very scratched lens?? :lol: A great big welcome to you and join in wherever you can as that`s three good looking Volksys you have there :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, Lucky git ;) :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: ;)

Looks 8) - get some more pics up when it arrives and welcome to the mayhem :mrgreen:

Hiya gang,

we've sort of said hello before and lurked for a few months but we're now well into the build of our 69 tintop which started life as a german military vehicle before being sold to a Portugese fire service where it stayed until it came into our hands last August. Saying that we never actually received her until December as she was sold with MOT and it took them that long to get her through!

Anyway, she's with us now and I've spent the last few weeks stripping out the fittings for the generator, extinguishers and ancillaries and then put her back together with insulation etc. Waxoyled the box sections and then painted the whole underneath as there's only 2 tiny bits of rust on her and we don't want that to get any worse. R&R bed in and busy designing a self build unit that'll take care of cooking/washing and storage...

We're booked in for a show every month from April till September so hope to see some of you out there.

Cheers all

The Swift family

Hi all thought it was about time I said hello As have been checking in on the forum regularly since about this time last year when the search began. I originally wanted to restore my 72 bug (my first car) which had sat in the garage unused for the last 8 years and somehow ended up buying this 68 westy instead, not sure how that happened! She is currently in the garage having a few bits done and the 1776cc engine from the bug fitted. Hope to have her back on the road for bus types next weekend for our first proper outing. Looking forward to picking your brains over the coming months and hopefully seeing some of you at a few shows this summer.

hello everyone..... been lurking around here for a few months, so I thought i would sign up and make my first post here.
i don't own a vw but have spent some time looking at campers the last few months and decided i would ideally like a early bay, westy or dormobile, so i am in the process of saving up. ( this will take some time ) i have a young family and it would be great to be able to jump in the bus and go off for the weekend.....

i am also a ford man and currently own this.

there are some cracking vans on here and lots of useful info, one day i hope to join you all.....

cheers macca.

hello
For a long time I look this forum.
I am French and I take great pleasure to see your combis T2a.
many beautiful pics and good projects.
I hope to go at volksworld show one day, many greats T2a

I have a combi 1971 deluxe deluxe model with sunroof, full options ...
Now I start the restoration of a westfalia T2ab.
thank you for accepting me here

Hi
New here and sadly currently van less:-(
Currently doing research and learning all things type2

I was a finger click away from a t25 van as my first car before a 1979 mini came up which I have done huge amounts of work to and love dearly (so I'm no stranger to spanners or rust!)

Also love the VW scene as a whole and have a mk4 golf tdi as a sensible ish daily.

I am after a 71 or 72 twin slider project (low front light, bigger cooling ducts and servo discs) where it will be fully restored and turned into a uber luxury camper with either a 6 cylinder Scooby or a Porsche engine.

rob136 said:
Hi

I was a finger click away from a t25 van as my first car before a 1979 mini came up which I have done huge amounts of work to and love dearly (so I'm no stranger to spanners or rust!)

Also love the VW scene as a whole and have a mk4 golf tdi as a sensible ish daily.

I am after a 71 or 72 twin slider project (low front light, bigger cooling ducts and servo discs) where it will be fully restored and turned into a uber luxury camper with either a 6 cylinder Scooby or a Porsche engine.

Welcome and good luck finding your bus - porsche engine!
:msn4: Only 4 bolts and they drop straight in!! :msn4:

StuF said:
rob136 said:
Hi

Welcome and good luck finding your bus - porsche engine!
:msn4: Only 4 bolts and they drop straight in!! :msn4:

:lol:

Welcome along rob :D you might want to read naFe's thread on his Porsche install and resto, not for the faint hearted 8)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4067" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi All,

I'm new to here but not VW's. I have a '68 bay called Ronnie which we imported from California in 2010 after touring from Los Angeles to San Francisco and back.

I have an 18 month old son and my wife is pregnant with our second.. So most of my time on my bay at the moment is focused on how I'm going to make it better for us as a family.

Planning on heating in the next couple of weeks so we can do it a bit more comfortably plus making some sort of guard to prevent my son falling out of the hammock. Last time we went away I didn't sleep a wink as I was paranoid he was gonna jump out!

Ronnie1968 said:
Planning on heating in the next couple of weeks so we can do it a bit more comfortably plus making some sort of guard to prevent my son falling out of the hammock. Last time we went away I didn't sleep a wink as I was paranoid he was gonna jump out!

Quality Westy you got there. 8)

Heating is worth every penny... imo.
Do you mean the front hammock or overhead hammock? Front one is better for the little ones.

Welcome.

Paul. 8)

Cheers Paul. My son will be in the front hammock. He may have to graduate to the roof hammock next year when our second is a year old.. Although I think we may have to have a year or so more before he's ready to go up top.

Afternoon all,

I'm new to the site and after some advice please.

I've just been quoted 13k to restore my new purchase, a 71 bay X over, to A1.

The bottom foot is rotten as a pear so I was expecting a large quote but not that much. The chassis is relatively good.

Anyway, I'm off to look at a 70 body tomorrow.
My question is, How easy is it to swap a body over on a chassis? I know beetle shells will lift off after the necessary bolts are removed, is it the same for a camper?
Failing that, is it permitted to sling my current parts on to this shell? It has a V5c.

Rotten old camper or not, it feels good to be back in the gang! (3rd Camper).
:)

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Thanks for adding me.
1st time Bay owner!
I will be reading like crazy and I am sure I will have questions later on.

Saving this guy! 1971 Deluxe
been sitting 17 years... now back on the road.

001.jpg

Latest posts