New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tom and Eric the bay. As said above you may have to help us a little with the guess work on this one. If you read some of the “”how to’s”” on here , then you’ll be able to post a picture or two up for us and we do like them pictures. If that fails then we could go through all the relevant things to try and work out what one it is. First off is it tin top or pop top ? What year is it.? RHD or LHD .? Photos will really help. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,, and of course, the biggest welcome possible :mrgreen:

Thanks for coming along, we seem be getting less and less recently. Pop up some piccies and we can have a peruse , there’s “How Too’s” on most pages on here, you do need a host of some description I think.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,and welcome to you :mrgreen:

Hi all,

New early bay owner here so expect to see me around seeking advice in the near future! Will be sure to check out the how-to guides!

Katie

Hiya Katie, big welcome and what have you got? Lots of good solid info here to get stuck into and lots of resto threads in the gallery.

Ozziedog,,,,,, pics are also very very welcome :mrgreen:

Hey!

We've got a '68 RHD "converted" panel van. It's previously had windows added and a 2/3 rock n roll bed. Currently focused on cleaning/ tidy ups to uncover what's underneath & decide what our next steps are!

Hi, just joined, after a plethora of Aircooled Beetles, the hunt for a Mustang turned into a hunt for an early bay (my OH wanted a camper) so we now have a 69 US Import Westie.

Currently it's in having some bodywork done. Also looking for a reasonably priced Westfalia interior, ours has its RnR Westfalia bed, but that's it, everything else is modern, so want it back to stock.

Mines a converted panel also, then I was doing just way too much rust removal like new roof panel then rebuilding the can’t rails under it and on and on , that I then decided to let in some regular factory windowed sides as well to polish it off. Love the look now but wouldn’t take on that amount of work again, but I’m guessing it was because I had a donor van here at the time or I wouldn’t have even thought about it or even entertained the idea. And as far as progressing with yours, by all means clean up etc etc, but maybe hold off as to exactly what you’re gonna do until you’ve been to a few shows and lived with it or in it for a bit and see how others have done what they’ve done.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,big cool box, bed, and portable cooker,,,,sorted :mrgreen:

Yep we're definitely holding back before diving into anything drastic! Keeping an eye out for shows we can make to get an idea of what others have done. Don't think we need the full kitchen but currently have no storage built in so would be nice to get something alongside the 2/3 bed.

Welcome all, I am fairly new here too and am refurbishing the interior and exterior of mine. It's a SA import (2011) so thankfully not much rust.

One of the many things I've learnt is that you need to plan in advance when ordering big stuff as the suppliers are usually fairly small businesses and often have a 4-6 week lead time.

I was hoping to finish mine by the end of the school hols, but due to the nature of these things there always seems to be more jobs than expected!! I'm not far off, I am only fitting a R&R bed, some buddy seats and a table (tin top so can't stand up!) , Oh yeah and a floor, new side panels, covers for all, seat covers, floor vinyl, reposition electric hookup, full respray, etc etc.

Don't forget to add a "progress" thread in the gallery. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Katieriz said:
Yep we're definitely holding back before diving into anything drastic! Keeping an eye out for shows we can make to get an idea of what others have done. Don't think we need the full kitchen but currently have no storage built in so would be nice to get something alongside the 2/3 bed.

If you’re stock ish height, then under the bed plastic storage boxes are great to use. Fill them and stack them neatly in the rear and that really helps with packing, when you’re camping, roll them under the van and you have under van storage and extra useful space.

Ozziedog,,,,,,, I got em and use them as wall units too :mrgreen:

fallingoffalot said:
Welcome all, I am fairly new here too and am refurbishing the interior and exterior of mine. It's a SA import (2011) so thankfully not much rust.

One of the many things I've learnt is that you need to plan in advance when ordering big stuff as the suppliers are usually fairly small businesses and often have a 4-6 week lead time.

I was hoping to finish mine by the end of the school hols, but due to the nature of these things there always seems to be more jobs than expected!! I'm not far off, I am only fitting a R&R bed, some buddy seats and a table (tin top so can't stand up!) , Oh yeah and a floor, new side panels, covers for all, seat covers, floor vinyl, reposition electric hookup, full respray, etc etc.

Don't forget to add a "progress" thread in the gallery. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Really looking forward to seeing what you do! We have a tin top as well so are likely to do something similar with buddy seats and table.

ozziedog said:
If you’re stock ish height, then under the bed plastic storage boxes are great to use. Fill them and stack them neatly in the rear and that really helps with packing, when you’re camping, roll them under the van and you have under van storage and extra useful space.

Ozziedog,,,,,,, I got em and use them as wall units too :mrgreen:

Good tip! Don't think we're lowered at all so should be fine! Thanks :)

Hey everyone, not new but been away a longtime.
Good to be back though, got a 71 westy, from New Jersey.
Not been used since 94, so I’ve got “stuff “ to do. 🤪😄

:p So, for half it’s life it’s been parked up, now what could be better :p :p :p
Sounds pretty good to me and good to hear from you again :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,pppsssssstttttt, we still like photos :mrgreen:

hrbze6C.jpg

Latest posts