New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there!
Been on and off this site for a while, finally joined, as you all seem such a friendly and helpful bunch! :D
Bought ourselves a 72 crossover about 3 months ago after looking for our perfect resto project. We found her sitting in a barn in Devon where she had stood still for 4 years :( painted in blue hammerite :( and looking very sad!
She's currently in primer and already looking a 100 X better, we gutted her as the d.i.y r/r bed that was in there was...er...interesting and she's been lowered....lucky for me, my hubby runs his own garage where he specializes in late vw/audi.......I'm now pushing him towards early vw :wink:
Any way.....I'm looking forward to getting more tips off you guys....I already posted one question and got a responce within a nano second....Thanks!!!
T.T.F.N

Hi Everybody!
I am Marco, from Italy.
I live near Milan and I am the proud owner of a '72 Chianti Rot Panelvan.
I've had also a 1969 tippertruck, and I've sold it last year.
If you want, you can make a tour on nostalgiaspeedgarage.blogspot.com
It is the blog of a small garage, that I own with some friends, were we work on our vw's.
Have a nice day!

Hi, Everyone! Been looking on the forum for ages, i actually thought i registered ages ago, but seems i hadn't! Anyway i am without a beloved camper (always wanted one but over the last year or so it's become a bit of an obsession!!) at the moment but the intention is to get one sooner rather than later!! as soon as i get the money together, Hopefully a dormobile!

Hi Everyone,

I have been on the boards for a week or so but have decided that I should properly introduce you to my bus. Her Name is Lalita Tripura Sundari (The Red Goddess) The kids have nicknamed her Betty! :D

She is a 1972 Crossover Dormobile with all the insides taken out and only has a double rock n roll bed in the back. I am hoping to put a campershak interior into her and go back to a 3/4 bed.

Many thanks to the previous owner who had her for 6 years and has done a lot to get the bodywork looking good and her running well. (Thankfully, as the gearbox has just gone in the landrover :evil: , and I am now using her as my daily driver.)

Here are some photo's.

As I am new to the Type 2 scene and would like to make sure she looks reasonably original, I would be grateful for any comments.

2851925778_e3a21440f9_m.jpg

2851931152_bdc58e7193_m.jpg

2851934030_7ac0e5aa20_m.jpg

2851939770_f5f22db9d5_m.jpg

2851945474_3f2b70e6e4_m.jpg

2851952296_eb6dc04b17_m.jpg

2851968762_cf2d4bf8ab_m.jpg

2851132883_a9793da00f_m.jpg

Hi peeps,

Been on EB a while but never got round to saying hello. Just got back from Vanfest where we met lots of lovely people in the EB camp and thought it was about time I got chatting to some more like minded people. :D

bout bloomin time you two.....ya bus is pictured in one of the vanfest threads dudes..... and welcome by the way....we all had a cracking weekend ....look forward to the next one...got me tickets for the breeze ....so an convoy is on the cards yet again yippee :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ooro said:
bout bloomin time you two.....ya bus is pictured in one of the vanfest threads dudes..... and welcome by the way....we all had a cracking weekend ....look forward to the next one...got me tickets for the breeze ....so an convoy is on the cards yet again yippee :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Goody, goody :D

Saw the van in the gang, don't they all look sweeeet :)

Hi
my name's Bob. Totally new to the bay scene, been to a few bug jams in the past, mate had a cal look beetle so i went for the crack. loved the whole thing especially the campers, now after 10 years or so I've decided its time I jumped in and got myself a bay. Hope to be able to keep you updated about my search for Bob'sbay!!!

Hello Bob.... Good luck with your search. Don't know where you are, but if you want a second opinion on anything, I'm sure that anyone on here would be willing to help out...

Howdy !

My name is Steph...

I have a 1972 Kombi... her name is Ossie.

Have had her for 1 year now - she is an import from Down Under so know very little about her history... Have had an interesting summer what with one thing and another mechanically speaking - am so on a steep learning curve so thought I'd take the plunge... stop lurking, say hi and then I'll start picking your brains when things go wrong !!!

Attachments

• ossie.jpg
    ossie.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 692
Hi everyone, just registered to earlybay after looking at some of the awesome vans in the gallery section - some fantastic restoration jobs being done, slightly envious to say the least!
I'm Mark, my partner is Michelle & currently looking to get ourselves a bay of some sort in late january 2009 (preferably a tintop) after seeking some information out in the coming weeks/months. So I'm sure there will be a host of questions posted.
Hope to seek some answers soon!
Mark

hi guys in new to this site so just thought i would say hi!ive been into campers for years especially bays and i got my 71 dormobile last december but hav been busy with work and all so havnt really managed to get on here!will try and get pics up tho!

austin

Hi i am new picking my 69 up on thursday from the dock so i will let you know how good or bad it is, here are a few photos i have
cars3076.jpg

cars3073.jpg

cars3075.jpg

i would like to Know your thoughts.

Latest posts