Newbie heater help!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoked

Reaction score
Hi,

Im starting on my first camper and indeed air cooled build. i bought this 71 devon pop in august. last weekend i ripped out the interior to start a sound deadening, insulation and interior planning. i was pleased to see that it was mostly metal underneath!

im after a bit of help with the heaters. currently the two outlets in the pic below get red hot but nothing reaches the front. are these controlled by the handles up front and my flappers are knackered? i also see a lot of peoples campers dont have these outlets, can i cap them off?

lastly are the bolt heads shown on the engine bulk head where one would attach rear seat belts?

thanks!!

Ben

http://www.jerseylooker.com/FicheDump/EarlyBaywindow/2-012.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can cap them if you want to. The vents that connect to them tubes have their own control flaps on each one. Have you checked the lever half way up the pipe going from cab floor to dash ? That shuts off the dash heating and sends it to the two vents towards your feet.
Yep, the seat belt holes are where the four bolts are in the picture, also one each side under rear windows.

thanks for the replies guys. does anyone sell repro caps? i need to have a dig around at the weekend at the valves and cables.

Latest posts