Ninove 2013

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well good news on the donor engine! Bad news on your new engine! Hopefully get it sorted and up and running again after Ninove! (not long now! :grin: ) Least its still under warranty, is the main thing!
Keep us updated on the donor engine progress.

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

A9065A78-8193-4ACE-8501-2E5656045086-2799-00000194E2C6807E_zps64932bf6.jpg

Another weekend on it now, running like shit, but with friends we'll sort it. New seals

So I'm pretty much ready well nearly anyway but just wanted to know what I need in my bus got Reflective jackets

Sorting a gb badge
An road side triangle
An bulb set

Is there anything else I need

Cheers rob

Spare belts, new top pulley, accelerator & brake cable turned up today. off to see baz tomoz to do some swapzies, heating...a few bits and most important.........TUNES!!!!!!

Nice top Ash!! 8)

Forgot about the breathalysers, new one from the last euro trip, ebay here we go.

Have seen the CRS 'have a word' with someone, don't want to be on the recieving end of any of that..... :roll:

Cheers Sparkybloke! ;)

Rob b said:
EgoTrippin said:
They do sell everthing you need on the ferry if you forget anything.
Is the price right though. Rob

If anyone travelling is not familiar with driving in France/EU in recent years then I suggest they Google 'legal rquirements for driving in France' or something similar. Rather than rely on second/third/fourth hand information, get it from the horses mouth and be sure of complying. Don't get me wrong, I hate all the 'conformist' crap but from what I've seen and heard, the French police (and the CRS particularly) don't mess around. They do have real 'on the spot' fines, (not the fixed penalty, pay in 60 days out of your Giro shit over here) they march you to an ATM there and then to get the money, no cash then you do get a free overnight in a French jail cell. Not sure what the food is like but one would hope it's ok being France and all that..... :D

EDIT; Sorry, that comes across as boring old git alarmist rubbish. On this trip we are only in France for a very short time, don't think Belgium is quite so harsh. It's just that in the past on some other (not vw) trips/holidays have witnessed some very harsh treatment handed out by the authorities.

Well said Pete. The info being thrown around isn't entirely correct. Have a look here http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/touring_tips/france-monaco.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can't be fined for not having a breathalyser YET. Fire extinguisher, first aid kit and replacement bulbs are only recommendations, not a legal requirement. Sat navs with fixed camera locations have to have this function disabled.

Hi
I'm a wannabe early bayer,need to put up with the splitty just now till I find one... :D
I'm going to ninove via the hull ferry if any of you guys are taking that route,
Will be getting the ferry on Friday returning on Monday ferry.
Leaving from Glasgow on Friday morning if anyone wants to tag alone or meet us on the way.got a trip to holland on route on Saturday morning.
Let me know if anyone wants to tag alone.
Cheers
Paul

Two weeks to go and the Kuurne- Brussels-Kuurne cycle race to be held today has been cancelled due to snow.

Just sayin' :lol:

I could get chains on the back easy an if your behind a slammed bus it's like a plough for you to clear the road

Rob

Latest posts