Ode to Weston pier

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippi

Reaction score
Well unless you have been stuck under your bus all day and away from the "real world" you will all no by now that poor old Weston pier has suffered a more than serious fire and burnt down so i thought it only fitting for my picture of the day to be at Weston outside the Tropicana as my small tribute to the people at weston and the poor buggers that are now out of work, heres hoping that its back up and running in the not so distant future
:wi
cttp2008015.jpg
nk:

Just saw that, don't think it will be back up and running TBH :cry: -

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=874_1217261662" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It does look bad and its just had over a million pounds spent on it to refurb it including an indoor go kart track that looked the biz, we were going to pop down over the school holes to go on it but well :cry: i dont think the donkeys were burnt at least :)

I aint been there in years sad to hear...and the Tropicana blast from the past....did my RAF trade training at W-S-M...

I was on the beach all Sunday in my van, and we 'did' the pier in the afternoon. My daughter loves (loved) it on there.

WSM is a bit ropey overall, but its our closest resort and great for a fun day. Sad day, indeed. :(

Blimey, I have actually 'been under my Van' most of the day and this is the first I have heard about this :shock: I have not been to WSM for a long long time but my Dad (bless 'im) has fond memories of Weston through the years... he will be gutted I know.. :(

Jebus :shock: never been there but that was one hell of a fire! hopefully no casualties?! :(

and its a boo from me :( dont think there was any casualties.

chippi said:
It does look bad and its just had over a million pounds spent on it to refurb it including an indoor go kart track that looked the biz, we were going to pop down over the school holes to go on it but well :cry: i dont think the donkeys were burnt at least :)

what did they paint it in. it looks like it didnt take long to burn to the floor doesnt look like the peir itself got burnt. surely they can just remove what was on the top and put a new (more fire resistant) building on top

Ive heard that they are moving the new one to Burnham-on-sea........................

sorry i will get me hat :roll: :wink:

Latest posts