Oil pouring out from the back

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaggy

Reaction score
Hello I have a 1641 twinport and yesterday she let me down AGAIN! this time oil was pour out from the back of the engine somewhere, it is only 2 years old so it best be fixable, has anyone any ideas what it might be :D

from the back? most likely is the flywheel oil seal. have you had the engine out yet?

Nope not yet, I only got back at 10pm last night :D is that an easy job? also just to not if I have it ticking over oil does not seem to come out and the fast I go the more that seems to come out :D

The gearbox end and I am not sure what I mean as I can not see where is was coming from :D its just not coming from the sump of bottom part of the engine

you goto drop that engine Paul, then lock the fly wheel remove pressure plate and clutch plate which will more than likely be goosed with oil over it...

then take fly wheel off you will need a 36 mm socket and a big f off bar as these are mega tight then u can see the cause of your problem. the oil seal is behind. be carefull putting new one in as they need to go in square overwise there kippered. best to get the correct tool to do it. worth every penny..

jon

oh and watch for any shims around fly wheel area incase its been shimmed for any endfloat they need to go back as they came out..

Latest posts