OIL PRESS SENDER? ITS BEHIND THE DIZZY???? HOW?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On my recon engine the oil pressure sender (for the light not the guage) is behind the dizzy facing upright... not facing outward to the side... just under the dizzy... does anyone know how i can put a sender for my guage on as its quite a large diameter...

cheers for any help guys. :)

Sounds odd. Sounds more like a gauge sender. Can you do a photo?

ummm ill try yeah... its defo not a guage one thats in there... its the standard vw one to switch the pressure light on. the case isnt even tapped for the one coming out horizontaly.. :?

I misunderstood what you were saying. I take it the gauge one is a large diameter and not the one that is already there.

If the case is not tapped in the usual place for a sender, then you will find it is a type 3 case and on a type 3 the oil pressure switch is mounted in a drilling on top of the oil cooler, which in turn is mounted horizontally on the case where the normal type 1/2 oil cooler is mounted vertically inside the fanhousing.

What you can do is take out the pressure switch and fit a T piece then mount both senders in that.

type 3? realy? my old fastys never had em on the oil cooler... at least i think they didnt,,,, haha got me thinkin now lol

Latest posts