oil temp gauge

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan barber

Reaction score
now then,

has anyone fitted one of the oil temp gauges, if so any advice. ive gone for the dipstick sender type. the wiring diag shows 2 live supplies one from the igniton, the other from the fuse box, which fuse did you use? ps are these things anygood. I should have asked that B4 buyin it.

I think the important thing is to not necessarily believe the values displayed on the gauge, its more use to look for trends - drive it round and get used to the sort of temps you are gettting then just watch out for when it suddenly gets hotter. You can check it by using boiling water as a reference, but it may not be accurate at lower or higher temps even if it is correct at 100C. A pressure gauge may be a better indicator of problems. As 71 Dorma said everyone has a different opinion so just do whatever feels right for you - Although it may be better not fitting it, just keeping an eye on the road and enjoying your drive :lol:

I've got one that works as a sump plug. Like loxy says use it as a trend indicator. I love my gauges!

IMG_1368.jpg

Been thinking about putting my gauges under the radio (currently in a plastic binnacle on top of the dash), bit scared about cutting holes in my uncut dash though :?

I know what you mean but you have to ask yourself why you won't cut the dash? Is it for you or the next owner. I say make your van your own....life's too short!

I'm sure your right, but it still scares me, suppose it didnt stop me chopping the air filter stand out of the engine bay to fit twin carbs 8)

52 mm pods from JK, the tacho is genuine vdo
http://shop.justkampers.com/product_info.php/products_id/10066