oil up the back end..

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robins

Reaction score
took the van out when i got back seen there was a few spots of oil up the back
of the engin bay lid :roll: where would this come from all clean in side and downunder
cheers rich

my old bus had a good spray of oil up the back, happened gradually at first as I recall. it was coming from the exhaust, then it dropped a valve!

I had this, push rod tubes leaking caused oil to cover back of the bus in oil if I went over 50 mph.
went on a twenty mile trip at max speed of 40-45mph no oil on the back of the bus, still leaking from pushrods tubes though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swill yer finger around the inside of the exhaust tail pipe and see if it comes out wet n oily.

NOT WHEN ITS HOT THOU' :roll:

If its wet n oily in there, sure sign engine internal trouble. If its dry n sooty, check for an external leak as advised above.

sparkywig said:
Are you sure it's oil, and not dirty condensation from the exhaust?
:? no,had a look and could of come from the pipe with the rubber thing on the end :roll:
theres no oil droped on the floor only when i started it up and it came out of that rubber thing,not a lot though :) and the carb might have a leak on the spindles

Hi Rich,

That rubber thing on the end of the tube, isnt that just a breather pipe running from the filler tube?, maybe excess crank pressure and it's blowing more than it should? though didn't your engine get rebuilt with rings etc?

Were you not running twin carbs? you can rebuild the spindle on the stock pict solex, yours is the original SP? 31 PICT Solex?

Aside from that, sounds like rocker covers or pushrod tube seals....my bus leaves quite a few spots on the floor, seems to be higher up on mine, though the back o the bus is clean from oil, i do need to sort it.

Cheers,

Alistair

aogrady said:
Hi Rich,

That rubber thing on the end of the tube, isnt that just a breather pipe running from the filler tube?, maybe excess crank pressure and it's blowing more than it should? though didn't your engine get rebuilt with rings etc?

Were you not running twin carbs? you can rebuild the spindle on the stock pict solex, yours is the original SP? 31 PICT Solex?

Aside from that, sounds like rocker covers or pushrod tube seals....my bus leaves quite a few spots on the floor, seems to be higher up on mine, though the back o the bus is clean from oil, i do need to sort it.

Cheers,

Alistair

ok mate how isit ;)

robins said:
aogrady said:
Hi Rich,

Cheers,

Alistair

ok mate how isit ;)

I'm good, plodding on....you?

Alistair

Latest posts