Old mother tucker

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well another week has gone by and all ive been doing is welding and cleaning the metal ready for primer.
Finished the last of the welding before the bed goes back on today
P1020589.jpg

P1020591.jpg

Hopefully the next update will be of all this painted and starting to fit the bed!

:lol: thanks, yep getting plenty of welding practice!

Thanks Keith, I'm determined to get all done over winter ready for the summer.
After all this hard work the mad thing is I bet it wont look any different from the last time you saw it! :roll:

Really liking the truck mate and top notch work!

For some reason I'm lovin these at the moment, must be the whole hotrod/ truck scene I have started to appreciate.

Keep the colour, t2d's 'tuck truck' looks sweet as is.

Mike.

Thanks Mike, Im really not sure about the colour.
I thought it was the original colour, but then when I looked into it, it left the factory just primered.
Whilst working on the truck ive found a lot of red under the green.
I was thinking of getting it done in a darker green like this

Yeah its not an original VW commercial colour for a 68 as the Green for that year is Velvet Green , lovely in my opinion

Other colours are Titan Red , Neptune Blue , Pastel White and Light Grey - I think

I do like that green on yours though Krusty 8)

I trial fitted the bed today, wanted to get all the holes in the metal drilled before I spray so there is no bare metal edges left un painted.
P1020593.jpg

P1020594.jpg

Me too dude, I need the space in my workshop back!
Although being a pick up its come in handy as a work bench too! :D

After god knows how many hours of cleaning the metal up I finally got round to getting some primer on.
Its a little patchy as i run out of paint on the second coat.

P1020596.jpg

P1020595.jpg

krusty said:
After god knows how many hours of cleaning the metal up I finally got round to getting some primer on.
Its a little patchy as i run out of paint on the second coat.

P1020596.jpg

P1020595.jpg

Wonderful proyect, in Mexico we don´t have that year single cabs, I like it.

Well finally all the locker and bits under the bed are fully panited up, they have had 2 coats of zinc primer, 2 coates of stone chip and 2 coats of colour, hopefully that should make the lot last another 40+ years.
Here's the look from the locker door

P1020605.jpg

The underside of the bed panels have also had the full paint job

P1020606.jpg

Going to get the fuel tank back in and connected up and fit the bed this weekend, then on with the next item on the list :D

The bed is looking fantastic 8)

Great work is being done and looking forward to the next installment ;)