Old mother tucker

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that the colour the whole van is going to be fella if so what colour is it ?? ;)

Thanks for the comments, it spurs me on to do more work!

Yep thats the final colour! This week i spent some time sanding down a couple dodgy areas in the body work, and it seems the truck has had several different paint jobs in its life. the obvious green that it is now, then under that a red, under that another green.
So I sanded down more areas hoping to find lots more of the second green but have only found it on one side of the truck.

So i got Movac paint group ( a local paint supplier) out to colour match it. Thay didnt recognise it to be any vw colour which is a shame but matched it to RAL 6016. So after sleeping on it I thought bulls I'l go with the colour I like the most which is the darker green.
Those pics have made the green look really bright, but its a bit more subtle in the flesh.
I got the fuel tank in today and after connecting it up to the truck it started up straight away which is always nice.
In the morning i'm putting the new bed in, then i gotta sought the brakes out as for some reeson only the passenger side works.

Same colour as this matey ???

ScampisBus.jpg

Velvet Green , 8)

Not sure, that looks a bit darker, but not far of at all, maybe it was a vw green.?

Few pics of what I got up to this weekend.
After I got the fuel tak in I waxed oil all the joints.
P1020607.jpg

Then fitted the bed
P1020612.jpg

Also fitted a isolator switch to the battery.
P1020614.jpg

Not done a huge amount this week, got a new welding helmet tho with one of those solar screens which has made welding so much easier, wish I bough one weeks ago now! Any way started to put a new panel in on the back of the cab, i'l let the pics do the talking.
P1020629.jpg

P1020632.jpg

P1020631.jpg

By the way, if any body is interested in a cheap set of wheels im selling my brms which came on this truck when i bought it,
despite looking a bit ratty they are are all in very good condition, no curbing, only want £140.00.

Well since eb went down last week Ive had a lot of spare time, didnt relise how much time I spent on here just looking at cool vw's.
So put my spare time into the truck and have got quite a lot done.............
P1020633.jpg

Stripped out all the interior including the dash so I can paint it.
P1020640.jpg

Half way between paint, the bed has had 2 coates of acid etch, stone chip and 2 coates of top coat
P1020633.jpg

P1020639.jpg

P1020643.jpg

P1020642.jpg

Any comments welcome!
Thanks for looking.
Luke

Looking awesome, love this bus! Keep the pics coming :D

That is just super cool!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Great work chap. :mrgreen:

That is looking fantastic 8)

Are you using 2 Pack?

Also, is that a monster amp sat in the spare wheel well in the cab??

Thanks for the kind comments, keeps me very motivated.
Yep it is a monster amp and sub, I know a bit G boy but I kind of like it, the spare wheel sits in my locker instead.

The paint is Dupont Imron, it is a Mix 1:1 with activator then 10% thinners, its really easy to use just one coat then 5mins later another and comes out with a really nice deep gloss finish straight out the spray gun.

Next up once ive finished the body work and put the dash back in, is to tub the front arch's and get the front slammed a few more inche's. Cant wait to be driving it round next summer and meet lots of you guys at the shows.

Dam Right!!!
Next summer all I plan on doing is driving around in my truck listening to the eagles and bottoming out on shitty roads and speed bumps!!! :D

edit; I'l still be doing my day job too, never mind.