Old mother tucker

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About time for an update!.........

........Been away snowboarding in Canada since late December but now back on the truck today and started to put it back together.
A few more pics
544.jpg

546.jpg

Im just waiting for all my new window & door seals to arrive then I can fit all the glass.

Im planning on going to the suffolk buggrs meets so should bump into you soon mate.

Thanks for the comments!

Now starting to do some research into what I need to do to get the front sitting lower.
Ive always had watercooled vw's before which is just a case of slapping a set of coilovers on and setting your ride height but I have
no idea how the front of a bus works so at the moment Im thinking of paying some one else to get it low for me which I hate doing.

Ace job you've made there dude - He's gonna look cool as when finished (Does already). Keep up the moddin and gr8 posts. 8)

Got all the glass in now with new seals, all round.
Thanks to Grazy for the tip of about Ipswich Car Glass & trim, I got a nice new front screen with tinted sun strip from them, and cut my own new rear screen. Also fitted all new wiper spindles and arms, heres how its looking from the front
krusty210111004.jpg

And a few pics of probably the most important additions to the truck..............

..................STICKERS!!!
krusty210111006.jpg

krusty210111005.jpg

Next up I gotta get the dash back in, Im not running the standard heating supply so I have welded up the air vents on the dash along with several holes that have previously been drilled in the dash for buttons et. I have also decided to weld up the glove box to smooth the dash out a bit, I know its not to every ones taste but hey ho. here's a pic of how it looks at the moment after a few skims of filler.
krusty210111012.jpg

Any comments good or bad more than welcome!
Thanks for Looking.

comment...........WOW

loving this, thought it looked good before, but this is great :mrgreen:

im getting quite attached to single cabs now.........lol

Looks sweet Luke , glad you got screen from CG&T nice to use local small firms I think , Might pop to next Bug R s meet but ill be in my daily not the Panel :?

Great looking SC (also love the colour 8) )

Dash looks interesting :msn4:

Thanks for all the comments!
Im really pleased with the colour, its come out quite well considering I sprayed it in my workshop.

Grazy is that the meet in Feb at the Pub in Claydon?

Few little updates thought i'd put up, I finished spraying the dash today so hopefully get it all fitted up tomoro
004-8.jpg

006-10.jpg

Also got the wife to help me make my door cards look a bit more funky / interesting!
Not sure if I like them or not but Im gonna see if they grow on me.
008-6.jpg

I also spoke to type2 detectives today and booked the truck in for new beam, spindles, link pin kit and what ever else I need to get the front sitting nice and low, cant wait!