Old mother tucker

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too!!!

Im one step closer, I got the dash back in today and wired everything back up, took my closks apart and gave them a good clean
and fitted my radio. every thing works accept my brake lights but i think its from a lose cable under the the cab.
009-4.jpg

Thanks dude, I am well chuffed with how it turned out, here's another pic of it with most of the interior back in.
b1ecbc72.jpg

We nearly made it out of the workshop on Sunday for a suffolk Bug r s meet but a bit of rain and not having brake lights put me of in the end. So I stayed in the work shop and fixed the brake lights along with a few more little things ticked of my job list, this is what krusty's looking like at the moment.
Next week he's of to type2detectives to have link pin conversion, new beam and a bit of notching.
Cant wait :D
5ab7d417.jpg

c815f2f4.jpg

8858d13e.jpg

1d196ca4.jpg

Whilst looking through some old pics I found this of my old mk1 pick up I restored, I know its not an EB or even aircooled but I couldn't resist sharing it with you EB guys.
13a01796.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Luke

Bit of a pick up perv int ya !!

Like the matt black hub caps fella ! 8)

Pick ups just a poor mans Panel van!!! :D

I do seem to have a soft spot for them.

Looks well hard mate 8)

How much lower will it be with the notching etc... ;)

Not sure to be honest.
Im not tubbing the front straight away so im gonna go as low as I can with out too much rubbing!

Thought I would throw a pic up of how the trucks sitting now its on new beam & spindles.
After seeing a few sweet trucks at the local auto jumble meet on Sunday I want to get it sittin another couple of inches lower so think the angle grinder is going to come out again and do some tubbing.
Any way here's how it is now along with the new sign writting.
IMG00039-20110314-1327.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

I was happy with it until saw Grazy's panel van & Matts laundry van at the weekend and now I need it lower!

Looks good to me too Luke , if you have same set up as me then you can get as low as mine before the need to tub , !!

Mine only rubs , Sometimes :lol:

Thought I'd throw a few more pics up, here's the new beam set up;
648.jpg

P1020866.jpg

Parked up at Volksworld show;
578.jpg

Looks Sweet man :party0053: , Loving the stance and signwriting. Top resto :party0046:

Cheers for the comments.
Recently had a new pertronics distributer with electronic ignition fitted by Geoff from cartune Ipswich, he also gave the engine a much needed tune up, when he first listened to it running he was amazed it managed to push the truck along, with in 10 mins of tinckering it sounded and drove like a different truck and it now runs great. So I have been making the very most of it by driving every where in it! Last weekend went to Elemental which was a awesome show with great weather, then on the Sunday went along to Suffolk Bugrs local meet.
Today went to a local car boot and stumbled accross a few bargains!
37cdafe8.jpg

A massive rust free metal chest made in the 50's, a sweet horn which Im gonna mount in the truck some where,
also found a haynes manual for 68- bay and a book on the history of bugs.
Here's another pic of Krusty parked up outside the Quicksilver / Animal shop in Stowmarket
2e7cf242.jpg

Took Krusty to Stanford Hall this weekend, and it was the best vdub show I have ever been too, helped by meeting some super friendly EB members.
Couple of pics I got in the camp area.
stanford2011004.jpg

stanford2011023.jpg

stanford2011003.jpg