Old Skool Raving & misbehaving

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scott wilson said:
nice set up by the sound of it just...maybe i should bring some viynl with me to bristol festup

Well in that case we would have to hire some decks and an amp and some speakers, not bringing mine :lol: and a Geni................food for thought.

Funny this, but I got into the scene when living just outside of London in the mid to late 80's and went to loads of parties in various places. I was big into the skate scene in the South of England and it worked well with the party scene.
Acid and house was on the up and kiss fm (Pirate at the time) meant that the was a good offering something different.

I moved to Wales in 89 where I was surprised to find that there was an amazing culture of like minded idiots wanting to waste weekends bouncing around like nutters and flouncing the law.

The music, well that wasn't available to the average Joe, it wasn't there in a tape box set but I loved it when it eventually was as you could relive 'that' mad weekend in a field in shropshire. Lol

It was my life and was a crazy time, it wasn't mainstream yet thousands of people were doing it. My parents worried about me and my flat at the time turned into a crash pad for after parties. I love so many types of music now and I rarely listen to anything from that era now but the hairs go up on the back of my neck when I hear an old school tune, imagining a crazy mc bantering in the back ground.

Top Buzz, mc Techno, "must be the music......don't abuse it"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxeN56g2U3k&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and to the hi hats happy claps resounding in your happy hats.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i63dwpeXiTg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bug jam 89 waving arms vdub stylee from both sides of the show winning baja yellow with red stripes see vol 6 volksworld or any show pics of the era.....

creationblue said:
Thing is Clyde no matter what your into your gonna miss out on something for being to old or too young, i missed the Acid House scene by about two years, and by the time Universe, Quest Pandemonium and the like came out it was mainstream to the Warehouse Crew, but it was my time and i fucking loved it 8)

I could listen to mix tapes, MCs talking shit (I love the MCs) telling stores of lost All Nighters, the placed we would find ourselves, often in some dead end street with no party anywere to be seen :lol:

I remember doing a 12 hour shift one friday in '92 then at 6pm driving down in convoy to Warminster, it was Universe (Pleasure Planet*think*) then raving all night then back home with the windows down, radio on full blast trying to keep my eyes open, straight into work for 10am for a 10 hour shift (worked in a restaurant at the time and the machinery was creating beats all day), then back out in Bristol for an Xstatic Night where Carl Cox tore things up on the Satrday night.................the times of our lives :lol:

Get downloading here http://www.hardcorewillneverdie.com/mixes.php?yr=1993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I recomend Quest 2nd Birthday with Ratty & Pilgrim Back2Back, MC Robbie D got some classic lines.

Oh and if anyone wants an Aircooled old skool rave then sign up here, just a dream at the moment but who knows.......

Love & Peace

Just
Put my name down first on the list
valentine won :shock: 8) ;)

For my sins I was working on the SL1200's when all the rave/acid scene arrived.In the Midlands we had the eclipse in Coventry as the main rave gig and I was playing all the upfront stuff in Nuneaton every Friday and as I worked for XL recordings at the time the vinyl just kept coming.Some of the parites I played at I dare not describe what went on but need less to say happy times before it all got a bit too messy............I still have all my vinyl(much to the amusement of my kids!!!)and a state of the art sound system in the garage which gets used for the occasional house party with friends.Would be great to set my gear up at a VW meeting and dust off those 12" classics.Happy days. :) :)

right thats it sorted then,am off up the loft tonight to dust down the plastic....aaaacccceeeiiiiddddddddd :D :D

...........and 'Dub Rave' was born.......

Sounds like you lived the dream Westy Geoff 8)

I could probably get Ribbz and the Producer on board 8)

Just

Sounds a good idea,I still have connections in the music industry and promote gigs which attract good numbers,not so much the heady rave music more the current house stuff. On June 4th we have an do on and have paid 2.5K to fly Vic Lavender over from Chicargo to play a 2hr set along with two of englands legendary jocks Dr Bob Jones and Colin Curtis.The venue is upmarket and attracts a good cross section crowd.
I will be at some of the VW calender so hope to bump into you.

:msn4: I don't think the pills are as good these days :msn4:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

a few years ago we were woken in the night by an illegal one and thought if you can' beat 'em. went down to the field in the woods with the kids (babies), had a great time, but freaked out a few of the gurners with the kids :lol:

westy geoff said:
For my sins I was working on the SL1200's when all the rave/acid scene arrived.In the Midlands we had the eclipse in Coventry as the main rave gig and I was playing all the upfront stuff in Nuneaton every Friday and as I worked for XL recordings at the time the vinyl just kept coming.Some of the parites I played at I dare not describe what went on but need less to say happy times before it all got a bit too messy............I still have all my vinyl(much to the amusement of my kids!!!)and a state of the art sound system in the garage which gets used for the occasional house party with friends.Would be great to set my gear up at a VW meeting and dust off those 12" classics.Happy days. :) :)
yes please lets do it...does the criminal justice bill still apply?..ie can you lose your rig?or is all that stuff finished

an early bay house tent would be a blast.I think it would be a good alternative for all the old house/techno heads and a great oppertunity to showcase some young upcoming kids who have the skills, just got to make sure we dont blow any windows with the sub bass :lol:

Latest posts