• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

On the hunt......

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calibay

Reaction score
I'm on the hunt for an early tin top that I can import from a dry state in the US. Ive imported a bus this year from California and it was super dry and solid so have decided that I would like another, however I'm struggling. I've tried the samba and the odd add on Craig's list but every time I try and talk to someone it has either been sold of they want cash which is hard to do when your 5000 miles away

Does any of have a contact in the US that'd they would recommend who may have or could find me an early bay. I have a budget of about $10000

Many thanks

Chris

Bus factory .com he's a member on here and he's in California at the moment for 7 months Real good honest fella

Hi,
we can find you a bus and will be back in Cali after Christmas

Gary Coolcampers 07979 726763

Posted on your other thread and know of a few buses available in the US at the moment from traders I trust and deal with on a regular basis, drop me a pm or email with exactly what you are looking for.

Know of a nice tin top deluxe with patina'd paint thats still set up as a microbus.

My son has a very clean restored 69 Kombi for sale. It arrived in Oakland Ca. in 1969 and has been in California ever since. Clean title and willing to arrange shipping. Will post pictures on request.It was completely gutted and stripped. All bodywork in metal, NO Bondo. All new door and window seals. All new paint Cloud white to beltline, over beige below. I know originally only the top was white, but this looks sharp. New upholstery front and middle seats. Have rear seat in hand, orig. upholstery. New headliner in cab only, as per Kombi model. New interior door panels in front, new birch panels in rear. All re-wired, orig. single key for ignition and doors. Rebuilt 1641 dual port with doghouse oil cooler. 2000 miles since restoration. All correct engine tin. New brakes, cylinders, brake lines, master cylinder. New CV joints. New clutch. Original oil bath air filter will be re installed. New ball joints and tie rod ends. Front end and steering very good. New shocks all around. No shifting or transmission issues. Small amount of rust in Driver and Passenger floor has been cut out and new floor metal welded in- very clean and professional. New floor mats from Wolfsburg West are in bus, but we also have very good og mats for front, rear and walk thru. New sound system - Memphis speakers and subwoofer, Kenwood dashboard receiver and deck, Lightning amplifier. Call or email if interested 805 903 3525. Located in Central Coast area of California. Also listed on the Samba. Asking $9,700. Thanks

Still looking, tin top would be great, not worried about the condition of the engine, or rear interior, just would like rust free and straight.

I have a 1970 tin top baywindow, it is solid but there are areas of rust coming through. It has a 1641 with twin 40 idf carbs unfortunately the bottom end went last week the day before I had someone coming to view it. Inside there are 7 seats with belts and a full width r and r bed. It is tidy but not spectacular. I was going to be asking £8k but could negotiate over the engine. You can have it as it is or I can fit a new engine. It is also converted to run on lpg.

Graham L said:
Posted on your other thread and know of a few buses available in the US at the moment from traders I trust and deal with on a regular basis, drop me a pm or email with exactly what you are looking for.

Know of a nice tin top deluxe with patina'd paint thats still set up as a microbus.

Is the micro bus you know of in the uk Graham?

I'll have a nice, red, 71' patina deluxe arriving around February if your interested?

No engine and needs some electrical work plus cab/rear seats. If your interested P.M. Me your email and I'll fire you pics + details.

Hi, I have two bays a 68 and a 72. Both imported by me from so cal. there here now. contact me on here or call 07837 867971 for details, steve.

Latest posts